• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Just cleaned my tb 22td for the first time. Holy smokes what a chore! I probably ran just shy of 1k through it and what a mess. So what's the best way to clean these nasty little baffles? By hand is a cruel joke.

LmoZ9Qv.jpg

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Yep, you just learned the down-side of suppressors.

If you go much more beyond 200-300 shots, you're creating a real chore for yourself!

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    “The dip” works really well, but very dangerous and toxic. Look it up. I’m too scared after using it a couple times. I wet tumble my aluminum baffles and have had no issues with pitting or rounding of edges like people say will theoretically happen.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I knocked the bid chunks and gunk out of it, poured some proshot clp on the baffles and put the in a Ziploc for a couple hours. Most of it wiped off after that. Put it back together oiled hope that helps make it a little easier.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    If it’s stainless steel then use CLR on the baffles. Soak for 3 hours and brush off with a nylon brush. It’s toxic but gets the job done n a hurry with no elbow grease

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Other than physical abrasion, like the above poster who wet-tumbles them, if you have aluminum baffles - it's virtually impossible.

signed,

A guy who didn't take care of his 100% aluminum .22 suppressor who he had for years and years and years

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Cleaning gun stuff is why I had kids.
    I also use them to load magazines. One kid per caliber. If 3 kids are going shooting then we are only shooting 3 calibers.
    I haven't loaded a mag for years now.

I usually hold of on showing them what a "Mag Loader" is until they've mastered doing it by hand for about a year. Boy they get mad.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Cleaning gun stuff is why I had kids.
    I also use them to load magazines. One kid per caliber. If 3 kids are going shooting then we are only shooting 3 calibers.
    I haven't loaded a mag for years now.

I usually hold of on showing them what a "Mag Loader" is until they've mastered doing it by hand for about a year. Boy they get mad.

My thumb is my mag loader lol.... Seriously I've spent a lot of money on guns and accessories, but everytime I have a magloader in my cart I pull it out and then I hate myself while I'm loading mags in between resetting stages and moving stations lol. I need to buy one, but they are just not as glamourous as that new handguard or trigger... or ammo

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I’ve used a mag loader about half of one half of one percent of the time. And then I pee sitting down.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I’ve used a mag loader about half of one half of one percent of the time. And then I pee sitting down.

I use a mag loader most of the time now and with the Colt SMG mags it is all the time. Those suckers are a pain. I also pee standing up unless it is late at night or first thing in the AM. :D

Top Bottom