• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    I am looking into buying a Tactical Edge Arms 9mm pistol with brace, then SBR it. During the NFA wait time, can i still shoot it as a pistol with the brace while i am waiting for my Form 1 approval?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's my understanding that with the adaption of pistol braces being acceptable to shoulder like a stock that a lot of folks just opt to keep a pistol a pistol.

No asking permission, no wait, no paperwork to carry around, no issues with state lines?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sounds like you need to change your status from “Expert” to “Moderator “ :dunno:

He's not wrong. OP asked a question, it was answered definitively. The thread is effectively done. "end thread" is not an uncommon tongue in cheek post, so lighten up, Francis.

It's my understanding that with the adaption of pistol braces being acceptable to shoulder like a stock that a lot of folks just opt to keep a pistol a pistol.

No asking permission, no wait, no paperwork to carry around, no issues with state lines?

This is another option. ATF has already said in writing that they have no intention of enforcing the "no shouldering" rule.

The only benefit I see is if you want to add a vertical foregrip device. That would be prohibited on a pistol as I recall, so to do so would require it to be SBR'd.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    He's not wrong. OP asked a question, it was answered definitively. The thread is effectively done. "end thread" is not an uncommon tongue in cheek post, so lighten up, Francis.

This is another option. ATF has already said in writing that they have no intention of enforcing the "no shouldering" rule.

The only benefit I see is if you want to add a vertical foregrip device. That would be prohibited on a pistol as I recall, so to do so would require it to be SBR'd.
    You can add a vertical grip to a pistol. It has to be 26” or longer.

https://johnpierceesq.com/can-you-add-a-vertical-fore-grip-to-an-ar-pistol/

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sounds like you need to change your status from “Expert” to “Moderator “ :dunno:

You can add a vertical grip to a pistol. It has to be 26” or longer.

https://johnpierceesq.com/can-you-add-a-vertical-fore-grip-to-an-ar-pistol/

I would no longer consider that a pistol. After all, the point of pistol over sbr is that its short. at 26+ it's a rifle without a stock at that point.

And how many people with pistol ARs actually have a full 16 barrel on it? Seems counterproductive. |

But then again, ATF doesnt always make sense.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I would no longer consider that a pistol. After all, the point of pistol over sbr is that its short. at 26+ it's a rifle without a stock at that point.

And how many people with pistol ARs actually have a full 16 barrel on it? Seems counterproductive. |

But then again, ATF doesnt always make sense.
    If you have a 10.5 with a pin and welded flash hider or 11.5 barrel it will meet those requirements.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville

I wasn’t butt hurt at all. No question is not a dumb question and we are all here as brothers in arms to help each other out. When i ask a question on INGO, i am asking everyone and not just one person. You never know, someone could have the wrong answer and 3 others could chime in with the right answer. Thanks for your input! It helps and i greatly appreciate it.

Top Bottom