• ...and so much more!
  • STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    https://mailchi.mp/americansuppressorassociation/october-newsletter-2753295?e=34e473dcfe

"Earlier this month, ATF took a step in the right direction when they added the eForm 1 back to the eForms system. While that doesn't directly help people buying suppressors, ATF is using the eForm 1’s to test the system for bugs. Once they’re able to do so, the next step will be to relaunch eForm 4’s - something we are all looking forward to."

Finally!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I got a friend who's been waiting for a form 1 since March (individual). He'll be pissed

Since the responsible person questionnaire, how does one submit fingerprints electronically?

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    So I hit another form 4 to a trust 1 month ago. I won’t be too pissed at myself if the form 1 beta takes a while!

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Since it came back up, people are reporting in other forums that they've had their Form 1 turned around in as little as ten days. I submitted a paper Form 1 for an MP5 not long before e-file came back up :xmad: Wish I had procrastinated a bit.:(

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Since it came back up, people are reporting in other forums that they've had their Form 1 turned around in as little as ten days. I submitted a paper Form 1 for an MP5 not long before e-file came back up :xmad: Wish I had procrastinated a bit.:(

That's what I mean, if it's true it kinda blows. Would be best to call into ATF, cancel the first stamp (wasted time) and resubmit via e-file. Would be an aggravating head scratcher but at least you'd finally be able to finish a project

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I got a friend who's been waiting for a form 1 since March (individual). He'll be pissed

Since the responsible person questionnaire, how does one submit fingerprints electronically?

They don't. You get a reference letter to include and then have to mail it in to the ATF within 10 days of form submission.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    They don't. You get a reference letter to include and then have to mail it in to the ATF within 10 days of form submission.

So there is still a mailing component. How can they turn around an efile form 1 in say a month but the printed form takes 9 months. I guess I am too stupid to understand the vast extra effort involved?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    So there is still a mailing component. How can they turn around an efile form 1 in say a month but the printed form takes 9 months. I guess I am too stupid to understand the vast extra effort involved?

Me too, why would e-file finger print cards get the express pass and regular paper form 1 fingerprint cards get thrown in the snail line

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

Me too, why would e-file finger print cards get the express pass and regular paper form 1 fingerprint cards get thrown in the snail line

They are using eForm 1 to test the system for bugs, that is why they are getting the express treatment. Believe it or not, once the testing is done, NFA Branch has the goal of going live with eForms of all types and maintaining the speed of approval that the eForm 1s are getting right now. I sincerely hope they achieve that goal as it will positively benefit everyone (owners, manufacturers, and NFA Branch examiners).

gds

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Lawrencburg
    System has been off line since Monday morning . Still off as 0f 8 pm Tuesday . A buddy of mine e- filed his Form 1 15 days ago an got approval today . I have been trying to get on line since Monday morning. All I got was a message that said the system was down and to try later. Also it said that e File is off line every Wed. from 4am to 6 pm for maintenance .

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Okay, planning on doing this before the end of the week if I can. Just a couple of questions I want to make sure of first.

1. For a SBR I'm supposed to measure it with no muzzle device and the stock extended full length correct?

2. When doing the efile I pay online with a card correct?

3. There is something I will need to fill out and mail in, I think it was the fingerprint cards.

4. Since this is an efile will I get an actual stamp in the mail or something to download and print. If it's just something to print normally, can I request an actual stamp?

5. I have a passport photo that's less than 6 months old from our Utah license. I can just upload that during the application correct?

Anything else I should know about?

Almost forgot, this will be a BCM 11.5 on a Spikes Crusader lower. Pictures will follow once completed. :)

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Okay, planning on doing this before the end of the week if I can. Just a couple of questions I want to make sure of first.

1. For a SBR I'm supposed to measure it with no muzzle device and the stock extended full length correct?

2. When doing the efile I pay online with a card correct?

3. There is something I will need to fill out and mail in, I think it was the fingerprint cards.

4. Since this is an efile will I get an actual stamp in the mail or something to download and print. If it's just something to print normally, can I request an actual stamp?

5. I have a passport photo that's less than 6 months old from our Utah license. I can just upload that during the application correct?

Anything else I should know about?

Almost forgot, this will be a BCM 11.5 on a Spikes Crusader lower. Pictures will follow once completed. :)

I've always been told fully retracted for a buttstock, because that is the smallest configuration it operates in without any modifications. No muzzle device unless it is welded on.

2. Pay with card

3. after you submit they will give you a page to print out that you must mail in with your prints no later than 10days after. Go ahead and get printed then you can drop it all in an envelope and send it off asap.

4. You will get a stamp, that is how you know when you can build your sbr, you cannot put it together prior to holding the physical stamp in your hand. Approved or not.

5. I uploaded passport style pictures I took on my phone. They can resize them (and do) Scanning in an already small passport photo may not be a good idea.

Make sure where it asks for additional info to put in all the factory markings on the lower otherwise you have to edit and that is really finicky right now.

Top Bottom