• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Our local paper tonight has an article stating an officer performing a traffic stop discovered "a 9mm handgun with 27 rounds in a magazine and an adapter attached to it that classified it as a fully automatic machine gun". The only 'adapter' I can think of would be an altered sear, but that wouldn't be obvious.

does this sound right?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Our local paper tonight has an article stating an officer performing a traffic stop discovered "a 9mm handgun with 27 rounds in a magazine and an adapter attached to it that classified it as a fully automatic machine gun". The only 'adapter' I can think of would be an altered sear, but that wouldn't be obvious.

does this sound right?

:dunno:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

does this sound right?

No sir, it does not.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    There are some kits for glocks that make them full auto. Maybe one of those? Google found some for me. Of course you could only legally own if you are a SOT/Manufacturer.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    There are some kits for glocks that make them full auto. Maybe one of those? Google found some for me. Of course you could only legally own if you are a SOT/Manufacturer.

The glock kit was the only thing I could think of

Then again, the news reported after the Vegas shooting that you could make guns full auto with stuff at the grocery store so...

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Could have been one of those early Hellfires or similar copycates that you clamp in to the trigger guard. It just pushes the trigger forward with a spring as you bumpfire. And yes you can use them on handguns although they can be more of a pain and a bit more dangerous to use. They are still fun.

I wouldn't call them a "Full-Auto Adapter" since you can bumpfire most semi autos. They just help. That's all.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    As others have said, probably a Glock auto sear. They are externally visible when installed and give the appearance of an extra "thing" attached to the slide.

I've been educated! YouTube has videos of this, and it does have a visible 'addition' to the rear of the slide to enable/disable full-auto. Go figure. Learn sumpin' new every day. Good call on the PO who noticed!

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    You mean they are not supposed to be full auto?
    Every news agency said they are. I got ripped off if they are supposed to be and none of mine are. Bummed.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

does this sound right?

O.K. I'll ask the obvious question.
    What handgun magazine (not an AR pistol) holds 27 rounds of 9mm?
    I do have 32 round Colt pattern mags for my AR9, but what other gun would they fit?

I guess there are 32 round mags for Glock pistols, but they are unwieldy for carrying.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    O.K. I'll ask the obvious question.
    What handgun magazine (not an AR pistol) holds 27 rounds of 9mm?
    I do have 32 round Colt pattern mags for my AR9, but what other gun would they fit?

I guess there are 32 round mags for Glock pistols, but they are unwieldy for carrying.

If you have the fun lever on the back you should probably have the fun stick in it.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    If you have the fun lever on the back you should probably have the fun stick in it.

Agreed! Here is a video with multiple fun sticks and a beta mag finale - filmed at Knob Creek a little over 10 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw-o3p4ZMtE

I was fortunate enough to shoot one exactly like this a couple of weeks ago during the Knob Creek fall shoot. Those stocks are actually comfortable and pretty well made...might be a neat SBR idea, but I'm not sure how much they would help accuracy on a semi.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I believe there's a modified Slide cover plate with a lever that makes a Glock full auto. Goggle up "full auto slide cover plate" for info.

Glock has produced 32 round 9MM mags for as long as I can remember. I believe they were initially designated for the Glock 18s.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Top Bottom