• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kaneda13

Adeptus Mechanicus
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Working on subitmitting my first NFA Form 1 for an SBR, and I'm to the point of submit & pay, but I want to set up my appointment to get my FD-258 cards done first, since I only have 10 days to send them in. I went to the identoGO site, and when I elect the print and go for FD-258 cards, it says the nearest one is in Chicago. Surely there's a place local that does the print cards, but the digital finger print doesn't have a drop down to select ATF. Any help would be much appreciated. When I got my lifetime, I was able to do the digital, but if I select handgun permit form the drop down, it asks for my permit application number.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I did mine at the local sheriff's department. Another option is to get them on Amazon and roll your own.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I don't know how long they'll take to ship...but you can order them free from the BATFEieio.

I have about 30 on order - but I don't know when they'll arrive.

If you're in Indy, I think you can go to the City County Building (in the main doors, through security, then all the way down the left hallway) and get them done there.

If you're a 'burb resident, you can go to your local police office and inquire there. (Or Sheriff's Dept if you're out in the country)

I need to source an economy ink pad for mine...

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Government printing office will send you 100 forms for 10 dollars and a pad of ink is 10 dollars away the craft shop. 20 dollars to not deal with going and getting them done is priceless.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I've never had a problem getting them done at our local sheriff's department. It's always been quick and simple. Walk in and tell them what I need, they usually ask if it's for employment or something else. I just tell them. Chances are if I'm there getting prints it's something they will be dealing with anyway. I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes until someone comes to let me in back. I've even had them ask if I needed a locker for a carry gun. They have a line of them right beside the door. They do 2 card for free and only charge if you need more than that. I don't remember how much it is but not much, I think it was a buck or two each. They've always been nice and respectful while doing them, usually making small talk or general conversation about what the cards are for. A couple weeks ago they asked and I told them "SBR". With a bit of humor he backed up and said "I've been called a lot of things, but never that. Is that the third cousin of a SOB?" They have never acted like I was taking them away from doing something else. When he was done I thanked him and told him I'd bring them their copy of the paperwork once I got everything efiled and the cards mailed out. Told me no problem, whenever I get around to it.

Ahh, the benefits of living in a small community. I'm sure the experience would be different elsewhere. I have a friend in Kokomo that had to get his done to renew his LTCH years back. He told me that he'd rather be the individual in charge of determining if it was Michelle or Michael Obama than go through that again.

Kaneda13

Adeptus Mechanicus
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The Lawerence PD branch said they don't do them, again pointed me to the L1 site, but they only do digital. I'm going to check at the Noblesville branch on Monday during lunch. I can't say why for sure, but rolling my own finger prints just doesn't seem legit, wether it's acceptable or not. My dad is a former LEO up in Pulaski county, maybe a trip up there to see if he could pull a favor for me (I'm assuming they would be more likely since it's such a rural area).

Last edited:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The Lawerence PD branch said they don't do them, again pointed me to the L1 sight, but they only do digital. I'm going to check at the Noblesville branch on Monday during lunch. I can't say why for sure, but rolling my own finger prints just doesn't seem legit, wether it's acceptable or not. My dad is a former LEO up in Pulaski county, maybe a trip up there to see if he could pull a favor for me (I'm assuming they would be more likely since it's such a rural area).

Life Pro Tip: Commit a misdemeanor in plain view of the police and you'll get fingerprinted for free!!!

Kaneda13

Adeptus Mechanicus
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Life Pro Tip: Commit a misdemeanor in plain view of the police and you'll get fingerprinted for free!!!

hhhhmmmmm.... So I need to pass a LEO on my bike doing at least 30 over for a Class B Misdemeanor. BRB, warming up the bike.

Update: Well, that didn't work. He said he was going to do me a "favor" and only write me up for doing 29 over the limit, didn't give me finger prints, but did give me a $200 ticket, the exact amount I was going to use for my Form 1. *sigh*

Last edited:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The Lawerence PD branch said they don't do them, again pointed me to the L1 site, but they only do digital. I'm going to check at the Noblesville branch on Monday during lunch. I can't say why for sure, but rolling my own finger prints just doesn't seem legit, wether it's acceptable or not. My dad is a former LEO up in Pulaski county, maybe a trip up there to see if he could pull a favor for me (I'm assuming they would be more likely since it's such a rural area).

if you come up with the cards, I'll come print you.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

Why? There is literally nothing against the rules to fingerprint yourself for an atf form. Not a single thing. It's completely legit and acceptable. Whether you feel it is or not, it still is acceptable. They run them so they better come back as yours or unseen, but i would imagine anyone with an Indiana ltch will be in the database somewhere. Now if you were using the form for federal employment security clearance or whatever else they use the form for you may be required to have an official sign them off for that specific purpose, but not for a form 1 or 4 where the point is purely identification and verification.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I found the admin/LEO staff at the Hamilton County Sheriff's office to be quite pleasant in helping me get three sets (6 total cards) printed. The LEO who fingerprinted me even threw out two cards and redid them because he thought they could be better. They even supplied the cards at no fee!

Top Bottom