User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STFU View Post
    So what I am reading is:

1. Buy a 10 or 25 pack of cards
    2. Buy an inkpad
    3. Take my time and be steady
    4. Skip the "Kit" and save $$$

That about right?
    100% Back in the 80's if you bought a hand gun and didn't have an LTCH we had to fill out the finger print card (lovingly referred to as a "10 card") and mail it in to the State Police. If we didn't hear anything back in 10 business days they could come pick up the gun. If they had an LTCH they could pick the gun up right away. I go very good at printing people. Even found out that WD-40 does wonders for removing the ink fro your fingers!

Plinker

User Info Menu

FYI, another option is something I just purchased from Amazon. You get five fingerprint cards, five strips of ink and some directions. $12, and showed up three days after I ordered. I suppose if you are in a real hurry you can order them for overnight.

FD-258 Fingerprint Kit: 5 Cards, Ink, and Directions

Thanks,

John

User Info Menu

ATF will send you fingerprint cards for free. No need to buy them.

https://www.atf.gov/distribution-center-order-form

User Info Menu

Great info guys. Thank you for the assist!
    Stamp collecting is fun!

User Info Menu

For those who "self-printed" or did them for 'trustees'. How did you fill out the cards, besides the printee's name, etc. Can I fill in my name under "Signature of Official taking fingerprints"?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛAΒE

Marksman

User Info Menu

I am interested in this as well. I went and had my prints done at the local PD because the ATF says you must do so on FD-258 cards. Link to info https://www.atf.gov/explosives/qa/ho...erprints-taken

Has anyone successfully received a completed form 4 back while doing your own fingerprints?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gunselman View Post
    I am interested in this as well. I went and had my prints done at the local PD because the ATF says you must do so on FD-258 cards. Link to info https://www.atf.gov/explosives/qa/ho...erprints-taken

Has anyone successfully received a completed form 4 back while doing your own fingerprints?
    Yes. The only reason they require that form is to prevent them from having to make their own. 3 stamps back this year printing myself. If they required .gov officials to do it you couldn't do it at a kiosk.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ol' poke View Post
    For those who "self-printed" or did them for 'trustees'. How did you fill out the cards, besides the printee's name, etc. Can I fill in my name under "Signature of Official taking fingerprints"?
    I left the official blank and only filled in personal info.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ggreen View Post
    I left the official blank and only filled in personal info.
    I believe I filled out the official info with my info and all was well. I did mine in the parking lot of the license branch after buying a ink pad from the dollar store. Honestly thought they were gonna send them back but 6 months later I got the call saying all was good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2