• ...and so much more!
  • GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Hey all!
    I am looking for a suppressor that will go from my Sig MCX in 556 and then go on another host gun that will shoot 308 and 300 BLK SuperSonics. I have researched and researched cans and cannot make my mind up. What would be the best brand and quietest for these calibers? Not really worried about price.

Thank you for any input!

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Silencerco Omega 30 cal has a very high fan base. I’ve got the 46 hybrid in NFA jail myself. With modern technology, any name brand 30 cal can will serve you well.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    How many rounds will go through it each year?
    What lengths are the barrels going to be?
    How many hosts/uppers will you end with?
    Do you care about qd or is direct ok?
    Whats more important size/weight or performance?

Help us narrow down its use in order to give the best advice.

the way the question is worded now will only allow for fan boys to say their can is the best.

based on what your saying now though you got a choice to make right off the bat. QD or Direct Thread. By default if you plan to shoot .300 bo or .308 you’ll need a .30 cal can which means:

1) if you go direct thread your Mcx will need a 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 adapter and then you can spin the can on it and your other caliber with no problem.

2) realize you may end up with more than xxx hosts and qd is a better option

so I’d start here, QD or DT? Each has their pros and cons but it’s either gonna be one or the other

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    How many rounds will go through it each year?
    What lengths are the barrels going to be?
    How many hosts/uppers will you end with?
    Do you care about qd or is direct ok?
    Whats more important size/weight or performance?

Help us narrow down its use in order to give the best advice.

the way the question is worded now will only allow for fan boys to say their can is the best.

based on what your saying now though you got a choice to make right off the bat. QD or Direct Thread. By default if you plan to shoot .300 bo or .308 you’ll need a .30 cal can which means:

1) if you go direct thread your Mcx will need a 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 adapter and then you can spin the can on it and your other caliber with no problem.

2) realize you may end up with more than xxx hosts and qd is a better option

so I’d start here, QD or DT? Each has their pros and cons but it’s either gonna be one or the other

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question ROLEXrifleman! I am wanting to go QD on everything. More than likely won’t do an SBR so the barrel length will be 16”. I will have 3-4 host and performance is the main goal. Weight don’t really matter to me. As far as rounds per year, I am guessing around 4-5K per year. I might even put it on a 6.5 creedmore occasionally.
    What’s your thoughts?

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I just ordered a Hybrid 46 this week. It's not even in jail yet.

I plant to run it on a .308 bolt gun and 16" AR for now...then eventually an AR SBR, and MPX SBR. I got the QD adapter and muzzle breaks for the .308 and AR as well.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Buy a Nomad. Excellent mount system and will handle all you throw through it. It comes DT but can run the key-mo. I know you said weight isn't an issue but I see suppressor newbies say this a lot. It actually is important if you're going be shooting 4-5k rounds a year. You'll really notice a 20oz can hanging out there. The nomad is 14oz plus the keymo which isn't lightweight but lighter than some of the others.

Shootandreload

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2017
    FRANKLIN
    The Silencerco omega 300 is a great 762 can. I use one on my mcx .I have it in 300 bo but have the 556 conversion kit. If you want the 556 a little quieter pickup a 556 endcap. It will knock it down a couple of decibels.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I have a silencerco saker 7.62 that I use on a variety of rifles through the trifecta Mount. I have no complaints with it and it does its
    job. Granted using a 762 on a 556 will be heavier then a dedicated 762. But I have never regretted going this route.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Buy a Nomad. Excellent mount system and will handle all you throw through it. It comes DT but can run the key-mo. I know you said weight isn't an issue but I see suppressor newbies say this a lot. It actually is important if you're going be shooting 4-5k rounds a year. You'll really notice a 20oz can hanging out there. The nomad is 14oz plus the keymo which isn't lightweight but lighter than some of the others.

Not a suppressor newby at all. I currently have 3 as we speak. Appreciate your input though and will look into Nomad.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I just recently put a dedicated 5.56 can in jail because i think my 300wm can is top heavy on a standard ar. Probably get a lightweight 30 cal can for 300blk supers before long as well. I also hate qds because of the added cost with very little actual gain. I am direct thread guy now

Kperkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2018
    Logansport
    Surefire 300 SPS. Will handle all them calibers and has the QD mount. Minimal point of impact shift that is consistent since it always goes on in the exact same spot. Other QD mounts that thread on and then lock may have the point of impact shift vary due to not always being lined up in the exact same spot. Plus they are extremely tough. The only problem with them is carbon lock can be an issue at times but you can use blank rounds or even live rounds to "shoot it off"

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The Silencerco omega 300 is a great 762 can. I use one on my mcx .I have it in 300 bo but have the 556 conversion kit. If you want the 556 a little quieter pickup a 556 endcap. It will knock it down a couple of decibels.
    This is where my research led me last year too. Fairly lightweight and good suppression. I use it on my AR 5.56 rifle, my AR 300Blk pistol and my 6.5 Creedmoor Bolt.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Look at Rugged's new Radiant if I didn't have so much $ tied up in dead air mounts I'd be all over this. Look at energetic armament vox s also it'll take the omega mounts just like the Nomad so you could run SiCo ASR, Dead Air key mo, Q's cherry bomb, or DT and it's cheaper then the Nomad.

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I just researched the energetic vox....great things going on here.

Existing/non proprietary QD mounts, relatively lightweight and.....maraging steel is the real deal. Look at some of the properties associated with it. Crazy strength over stainless and titanium. I read that tensile strength was about 2.5x euther material at room temp and the maraging still had higher tensile strength at 1000deg over ss or ti at room temp.

I am gona see what kind of dealer program they have and try to get one for demo.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    From a engineering aspect the QD mount system that Q suppressors uses is the best i have seen. They use tapered surfaces to align the suppressor to the muzzle device instead of relying on threads for concentricity. They also place the threads behind the tapered aligning surface so that they can't get gummed up with carbon buildup. They have the Thunder Chicken (long) and Trash Panda (short) that are 30 caliber QD cans.

Thunderbeast Arms makes some good stuff to. They also uses tapers but put them behind the threads.

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I am no metallurgist, so really can’t speak to whether or not it’s marketing BS, but it sounds interesting.

Top Bottom