Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

556.7.62 can? What is best?

Hey all!
    I am looking for a suppressor that will go from my Sig MCX in 556 and then go on another host gun that will shoot 308 and 300 BLK SuperSonics. I have researched and researched cans and cannot make my mind up. What would be the best brand and quietest for these calibers? Not really worried about price.

Thank you for any input!
    Rommel was an evil man...but he still came weeping out of someone's vagina! Dave Matthews

User Info Menu

Silencerco Omega 30 cal has a very high fan base. Iíve got the 46 hybrid in NFA jail myself. With modern technology, any name brand 30 cal can will serve you well.
    I thought Mosin Nagants came from the earth and there was a limitless supply of this raw fuel?

User Info Menu

How many rounds will go through it each year?
    What lengths are the barrels going to be?
    How many hosts/uppers will you end with?
    Do you care about qd or is direct ok?
    Whats more important size/weight or performance?

Help us narrow down its use in order to give the best advice.

the way the question is worded now will only allow for fan boys to say their can is the best.

based on what your saying now though you got a choice to make right off the bat. QD or Direct Thread. By default if you plan to shoot .300 bo or .308 youíll need a .30 cal can which means:

1) if you go direct thread your Mcx will need a 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 adapter and then you can spin the can on it and your other caliber with no problem.

2) realize you may end up with more than xxx hosts and qd is a better option

so Iíd start here, QD or DT? Each has their pros and cons but itís either gonna be one or the other
    Follow me on Instagram @gunrunner219

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ROLEXrifleman View Post
    How many rounds will go through it each year?
    What lengths are the barrels going to be?
    How many hosts/uppers will you end with?
    Do you care about qd or is direct ok?
    Whats more important size/weight or performance?

Help us narrow down its use in order to give the best advice.

the way the question is worded now will only allow for fan boys to say their can is the best.

based on what your saying now though you got a choice to make right off the bat. QD or Direct Thread. By default if you plan to shoot .300 bo or .308 youíll need a .30 cal can which means:

1) if you go direct thread your Mcx will need a 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 adapter and then you can spin the can on it and your other caliber with no problem.

2) realize you may end up with more than xxx hosts and qd is a better option

so Iíd start here, QD or DT? Each has their pros and cons but itís either gonna be one or the other
    Thank you for taking the time to answer my question ROLEXrifleman! I am wanting to go QD on everything. More than likely wonít do an SBR so the barrel length will be 16Ē. I will have 3-4 host and performance is the main goal. Weight donít really matter to me. As far as rounds per year, I am guessing around 4-5K per year. I might even put it on a 6.5 creedmore occasionally.
    Whatís your thoughts?
    Rommel was an evil man...but he still came weeping out of someone's vagina! Dave Matthews

User Info Menu

I just ordered a Hybrid 46 this week. It's not even in jail yet.

I plant to run it on a .308 bolt gun and 16" AR for now...then eventually an AR SBR, and MPX SBR. I got the QD adapter and muzzle breaks for the .308 and AR as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Jagee makes Beetlejuice look like a *****!

User Info Menu

Buy a Nomad. Excellent mount system and will handle all you throw through it. It comes DT but can run the key-mo. I know you said weight isn't an issue but I see suppressor newbies say this a lot. It actually is important if you're going be shooting 4-5k rounds a year. You'll really notice a 20oz can hanging out there. The nomad is 14oz plus the keymo which isn't lightweight but lighter than some of the others.

Plinker

User Info Menu

The Silencerco omega 300 is a great 762 can. I use one on my mcx .I have it in 300 bo but have the 556 conversion kit. If you want the 556 a little quieter pickup a 556 endcap. It will knock it down a couple of decibels.

User Info Menu

The Sig SRD762-QD is also worth a look. Not a bad price on it, either. I may end up with one of those one day.
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

User Info Menu

I have a silencerco saker 7.62 that I use on a variety of rifles through the trifecta Mount. I have no complaints with it and it does its
    job. Granted using a 762 on a 556 will be heavier then a dedicated 762. But I have never regretted going this route.
    Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    And if it could explode in the general direction of my mouth, that'd be even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post
    But to be fair to me the cock was in the down position....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NyleRN View Post
    Buy a Nomad. Excellent mount system and will handle all you throw through it. It comes DT but can run the key-mo. I know you said weight isn't an issue but I see suppressor newbies say this a lot. It actually is important if you're going be shooting 4-5k rounds a year. You'll really notice a 20oz can hanging out there. The nomad is 14oz plus the keymo which isn't lightweight but lighter than some of the others.
    Not a suppressor newby at all. I currently have 3 as we speak. Appreciate your input though and will look into Nomad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast