• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    https://americansuppressorassociation.com/hpa_2019_116th/?mc_cid=e54607a0e7&mc_eid=d6b2194a55
    WASHINGTON, D.C. – On January 3rd, the first day of the 116th Congress, Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC-03) introduced the Hearing Protection Act (HPA) of 2019. An enhanced version of previous HPA’s, this legislation includes several suppressor related technical amendments that were first incorporated into the SHARE Act of 2017. The primary focus of the bill is to remove suppressors from the National Firearms Act (NFA), making it easier for law-abiding hunters and sportsmen to protect their hearing while at the range or in the field.

“The Hearing Protection Act is a commonsense bill that is important to all sportsmen and women across the country,” said Rep. Duncan. “Personally, I have experienced hearing damage from firearm noise, and I believe easier access to suppressors may have prevented much of this damage from early on in my life. Bottom line, this bill aims to fix this health issue that has already been addressed by many other countries. Now is the time to ensure sportsmen and women can have the safety and protection they need while hunting and shooting.”

Originally introduced by Rep. Matt Salmon (R-AZ-05) in 2015, the Hearing Protection Act has garnered national attention for nearly four years. However, this year marks the first time that the HPA will be introduced into a Democrat-controlled House of Representatives.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Aaargh, too bad everyone sat on their thumbs and didn't get this done already. I am awaiting some passport photos and fingerprints from a shared trust so that I can send off my form 4....

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The coming few months is when you'll see lots of Statist Republicans pushing forth pro-gun legislation - knowing full well that they don't have a chance.

Ask yourself: Where were these folks when "republican" (Read: lifelong democrat) Trump was working on an executive order to ban bump stocks. And what are they doing NOW since that EO has been signed/executed/whatever.

IMO, the establishment Repugnants are just as bad as the establishments Dems. Screw all of them.

Top Bottom