• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Shot suppressor today, Omega 9K through a P10C and a P-01 omega. No issues with function. With the p-01 there was twice where I though a piece of something maybe hit me but wasnt sure. Got home, cleaned the gun and the suppressor had some rattling noises, I shook it out and there were a few small pieces of brass, very small and some small dark pieces. Inspected the inside of the suppressor, looks fine. Baffles look fine, dont see any chunks taken out. There are maybe 80 rounds total through the suppressor. There was one time that the suppressor was kinda loose so i tightened it back up on the p-01. If a bullet contacted a baffle i would imagine a seriuos issue would happened. Anyone experience something like this?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Probably a baffle strike that sheared a little copper jacket off the bullet.

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Did you check your spent brass?
    Anytime I see any small metal pieces I think of "Primer Pops". Just the center chunk of the primers will pop on out. Like someone drilled them out.

The worst I've seen was with some old 80s Norinco 5.56 ammo. The gun I had was an Aussi Arms "Tasmanian Devil" and the primer pops blew back into the bolt through the firing pin hole and clogged up behind the pin just enough to go full auto. Slowly at first then, I had a machine gun..... until I cleaned it out. Hundreds of them over flowing into the lower and spilling out. :xmad:

Top Bottom