Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Expert

User Info Menu

I'm guessing any judge in Cali would have issued a search warrant requested by LE, based on a tip of a FA firearm on a college campus. So that being the case, the outcome was going to be the same, no matter if he consented to the search or not.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mmpsteve View Post
    I'm guessing any judge in Cali would have issued a search warrant requested by LE, based on a tip of a FA firearm on a college campus. So that being the case, the outcome was going to be the same, no matter if he consented to the search or not.

The case is from Florida. What does a judge in Cali have to do with it?

You getting into the turkey early today mate?
    If I had a gun for every ace I have drawn, I could arm a town the size of Abilene.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post

East California

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indykid View Post
    On the other hand, what we will never know, maybe they prevented another "mass shooting". It is possible that there are 30 people alive today that might not have been hadn't they arrested this guy.
    Hmmm, to my knowledge we don't have any "Pre-Cogs" in the world yet. No "Pre-Crime Cops" either.
    OTOH, the alleged perp does need to keep his mouth shut and hire a VERY good attorney!

More on this story as the media outlets create it...
    Stamp collecting is fun!

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post

I thought I saw Cali earlier, but to answer your question directly, eet happens!

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mmpsteve View Post

I think anywhere in the country, a judge would sign off on a warrant if the tip seems valid. Poor kid is probably going to be locked up for a while just because of his fascination with firearms even though there is no clear negative intent. But he knew the possible consequences.

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !

User Info Menu

Warrants do not get signed because "...a tip seems valid...". That's not how any of that works. At all.
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!

Rules of the INGO Classifieds

INGO rules of conduct

INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

KLB

User Info Menu

They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

Marksman

User Info Menu

I lived in central Florida for 20+ years. The paper used to called "The Sentinel Star", the locals called it "Slant-inel Slur". Details were never it's forte, facts either...
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5