"Was found with a brand new 6 round magazine"

Never heard of 6 round Ar mag before

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The voice in the back of my head keeps repeating "the right of the people..." and I really feel sorry for this guy losing his future over something like this.

I do like the remark about "this is not Afghanistan". Obviously that person has never been to downtown Miami, or Chicago, or Detroit, or even Indianapolis.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    On the other hand, what we will never know, maybe they prevented another "mass shooting". It is possible that there are 30 people alive today that might not have been hadn't they arrested this guy.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Yes from an over reaching government, but he still had an obviously unregistered machine gun and took the risk. Risk comes with possible consequences. Do I agree with the laws? No. Do I follow them? Absolutely.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yes from an over reaching government, but he still had an obviously unregistered machine gun and took the risk. Risk comes with possible consequences. Do I agree with the laws? No. Do I follow them? Absolutely.

Yes. Absolutely. I have talked to several folks who took the attitude "what the govt doesnt know, wont hurt them (me?)" Yet then something unrelated happens and suddenly they are under the microscope accidentally. Like you build an unregistered SBR and keep it at home, and only shoot it on your home range thinking "Da man wont know about this, so no problem." Then something happens like you have a ND resulting in injury with a legal handgun and the police show up alongside EMS to investigate and happen to see your not so kosher SBR laying next to the couch and happen to ask to see your stamp. Whoopsies!

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    So glad our heroic government is saving us from this person with a clear background and no dangerous intent. Clearly worthy of years and years in the federal pen.

Injess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2019
    Columbus
    How can he be charged with "possession of a bump-fire stock" when the gun clearly doesn't have that?!:n00b:

The video attached to the article mentioned "bump stock", "internal bump stock", and "drop in auto sear aka dias kit". sounds to me like the police and media aren't sure what they're dealing with, which is why I suspect its a binary trigger. I seriously doubt the kid was able to fabricate all the components to convert it to full automatic, not impossible but difficult especially for a 19 year old probably with no milling or metal lathe experience. contrary to the leftist, you can't walk into any gun store, or order online full auto components. Also, when they mention illegal in Florida and soon to be nation wide that signals to me binary trigger. I hate how the media and anti-gun cops and ATF want to tell you bump stocks and binary triggers are machine guns.

Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    1st, an unconstitutional law imo.

2nd, a "mechanical engineering" student wouldn't have a tough time coming up with something to replicate full auto. The article says it fired 19 shots with a single trigger pull. I wonder what it really was? Obviously not a bump stock. The selector is in the giggle position so it's not an RDIAS. A binary style trigger maybe but have those also been deemed illegal in Florida?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ryandeleeuw340
    Top Bottom