• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    I've finally decided to take the plunge into NFA territory and will completing my form 1 this weekend (and possibly my form 4 for a suppressor). I haven't made my decision regarding the upper and was hoping you guys could provide some insight on Primary Weapons Systems. Specifically, i'm looking at the PWS MK109. The barrel length is close enough to what i'm looking for (9.75") and I like the fact that it utilizes a gas piston system. I don't have any issues with DI, I just prefer the convenience of cleaning a piston gun. So, what are your thoughts on PWS.

I haven't made up my mind so if you aren't familiar with PWS and have another suggestion, I'd like to hear it. Ideally, i'm looking for a factory upper in 300 AAC with an 8 or 9" barrel. I'm open to ideas for a build, but recommendations for factory uppers would be preferable because my current living arrangements aren't conducive to a build. Basically, i'd have to pay a gunsmith to do it until I move. FWIW, i'm looking at the Sandman S to pair with the rifle.

Thanks for the help,

sofrosune

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I'm a big fan of PWS. Nothing in NFA size but I've been very happy with the quality of their carbines. Great CS, too. Haven't needed them because of any problems, just general questions. Stacey and crew are extremely helpful.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    This is an area that has struck my recent curiosity as well. What’s your budget for the upper? ...whole thing?

Monetarily speaking, I don't really have any constraints; particularly with this rifle. I'm doing the Form 1 on an LMT Mars-LS lower so i'm wanting to keep it quality all-around. The rifle will probably end up with an LMT upper down the road but complete LMT uppers can be difficult to get ahold of and I want to practice on a couple low-budget builds before I put something together with LMT parts. I figured the PWS upper would be a good choice until I reach that point and there aren't many manufacturers selling gas piston uppers in that caliber/length.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I know PWS 300blk uppers are setup more for supersonic use and they don't recommend them for use with subs on their website. That would be something to consider with 300bl and PWS, but otherwise I wouldn't shy away from them. I just recently "discovered" them for myself and I'll be buying a couple of their rifles.

Top Bottom