• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    When Trump was elected people supposedly stopped buying suppressors thinking the HUSH act would become law. Wait times were up at that time because of the rush before the election. Here we are two years later and the wait times have only gotten worse. I know the dealer I buy from says he is selling a LOT less than he did before Trump was elected. Is this true across the industry? If it is, why are times getting worse?

I was looking at the timeline thread, and it looks like there are waits going out to a year now. That is ridiculous.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    My last form 4 was 4/10/18 - 11/25/18 I expected worse. I'm sure the shutdown was part of the extended wait times.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Isn’t there a substantial number of form 4s from whichever shop which the buy one get one deal last year as well?

Everyone lost a month to the shutdown.

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    I thought i heard at one time they were still doing wverything bu paper and transitioning to electronic which you think would help reduce wait times as well. Not sure if that ended up happening as i heard.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    When Trump was elected people supposedly stopped buying suppressors thinking the HUSH act would become law. Wait times were up at that time because of the rush before the election. Here we are two years later and the wait times have only gotten worse. I know the dealer I buy from says he is selling a LOT less than he did before Trump was elected. Is this true across the industry? If it is, why are times getting worse?

I was looking at the timeline thread, and it looks like there are waits going out to a year now. That is ridiculous.

The ATF puts out a yearly report. They list how many F4s and F1s they processed. That'll tell ya how suppressor sales are year to year

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    The ATF puts out a yearly report. They list how many F4s and F1s they processed. That'll tell ya how suppressor sales are year to year

It would be interesting to see how that compares over the past couple years. Wonder if the shutdown has anything to do with it lately too.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I'm at 2 form 4s I'm past a year waiting on. 1 responsible person w/ a trust

Waits are inconsistent from people I know who papered things. Some are 6 months, others like me 12-13-14 months

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I lost track, has there been any new proposals similar to the hush act?
    With control of the house changing it is irrelevant. We had a two year window to actually try and the Republicans wouldn't let it go to a vote. Granted it probably would not have gotten through the Senate, but it would have been nice if they had at least tried.

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    A lot of folks (including me) have put their info up here:
    https://www.nfatracker.com/nfa-transfer-time-tracking/
    Knock yourself out.

Thanks for sharing. Man that is alot of choppy data even though I like numbers. Didnt see anything with a year over year history but the current time frames shown match the voices here.

One thing was clear on there, we need to start buying more transfer items here so we can catch Texas :ingo:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Most forms it seems like are coming back from April and May of 18 right now. The bad thing is I've been hearing the wait times are about to start rising. We will see though. What the wait time is when you buy your can and how long you will wait are not often the same is one thing a lot of people fail to realize. I'm sure with all of those SilencerCo summer promo cans they are about to hit from summer of last year that is a much higher influx than normal for that time of year will slow things down too.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Did my first e-file form 1 and mailed off the fingerprint cards and cover form yesterday

Hopefully something will blip in the system and speed up the one I'm at 14 months on and the other 12 months

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Did my first e-file form 1 and mailed off the fingerprint cards and cover form yesterday

Hopefully something will blip in the system and speed up the one I'm at 14 months on and the other 12 months

Dang, 14 months. That's rough. I'm 8 months in on one and 3 months on another

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Another thing that the shutdown did is make the ATF lay off some people they had contracted in to help process forms. Now that they are back up and running from what I understand they have to rehire and train people over the next 6 months and we could see wait times climb up to around 18 months before they start coming back down. However things haven't seemed crazy slow or anything since they started pumping them out again.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Another thing that the shutdown did is make the ATF lay off some people they had contracted in to help process forms. Now that they are back up and running from what I understand they have to rehire and train people over the next 6 months and we could see wait times climb up to around 18 months before they start coming back down. However things haven't seemed crazy slow or anything since they started pumping them out again.

I mean, it would probably make too much sense to re-hire those contract people that's already been trained

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I've only been waiting since September, but I've got a bad itch. Bad enough that I've been considering doing a Form-1 E-file for a 22 in the next month, just so I can have something to toy around with while waiting on my Form-4.
    Almost wish I would have done that to begin with, but oh whale. I'm happy that I bought a good product to start with.

Top Bottom