Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wait Times

KLB

User Info Menu

Wait Times

When Trump was elected people supposedly stopped buying suppressors thinking the HUSH act would become law. Wait times were up at that time because of the rush before the election. Here we are two years later and the wait times have only gotten worse. I know the dealer I buy from says he is selling a LOT less than he did before Trump was elected. Is this true across the industry? If it is, why are times getting worse?

I was looking at the timeline thread, and it looks like there are waits going out to a year now. That is ridiculous.
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

Plinker

User Info Menu

My last form 4 was 4/10/18 - 11/25/18 I expected worse. I'm sure the shutdown was part of the extended wait times.

User Info Menu

Isn’t there a substantial number of form 4s from whichever shop which the buy one get one deal last year as well?

Everyone lost a month to the shutdown.
    “...I blame Turbo” -Everyone

User Info Menu

I thought i heard at one time they were still doing wverything bu paper and transitioning to electronic which you think would help reduce wait times as well. Not sure if that ended up happening as i heard.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KLB View Post
    When Trump was elected people supposedly stopped buying suppressors thinking the HUSH act would become law. Wait times were up at that time because of the rush before the election. Here we are two years later and the wait times have only gotten worse. I know the dealer I buy from says he is selling a LOT less than he did before Trump was elected. Is this true across the industry? If it is, why are times getting worse?

I was looking at the timeline thread, and it looks like there are waits going out to a year now. That is ridiculous.
    The ATF puts out a yearly report. They list how many F4s and F1s they processed. That'll tell ya how suppressor sales are year to year

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NyleRN View Post
    The ATF puts out a yearly report. They list how many F4s and F1s they processed. That'll tell ya how suppressor sales are year to year
    It would be interesting to see how that compares over the past couple years. Wonder if the shutdown has anything to do with it lately too.

User Info Menu

I lost track, has there been any new proposals similar to the hush act?
    WTS/WTT 9mm and 308 win reload dies.

M67

User Info Menu

I'm at 2 form 4s I'm past a year waiting on. 1 responsible person w/ a trust

Waits are inconsistent from people I know who papered things. Some are 6 months, others like me 12-13-14 months

KLB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetaljesus View Post
    I lost track, has there been any new proposals similar to the hush act?
    With control of the house changing it is irrelevant. We had a two year window to actually try and the Republicans wouldn't let it go to a vote. Granted it probably would not have gotten through the Senate, but it would have been nice if they had at least tried.
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by markiemark View Post
    It would be interesting to see how that compares over the past couple years. Wonder if the shutdown has anything to do with it lately too.
    A lot of folks (including me) have put their info up here:
    https://www.nfatracker.com/nfa-transfer-time-tracking/
    Knock yourself out.
    Stamp collecting is fun!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast