• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    On Episode 53 of Bear Arms Podcast they talk about suppressing an M1 Garand. I wrote in to them last week to ask about it after seeing their pictures of it at SHOT show on social media. There's other people that have done this but the details are always light. I assume the silencers not just for decoration and the cans actually work and the guns cycle. This all started out with me ordering a field grade from the CMP and hoping it'd be a junky shot out barrel with new wood and I could just tear it apart and build a .308 from the parts and a new Criterion barrel. I ended up with a much better rifle than expected so now this podcast is just throwing fuel on the fire for me to buy another one and hope it's more worn out and in need of a refresh.

The details on their M1 Garand silencer build start at 14 minutes. They put a QD mount on it, an adjustable gas plug, say it cycles reliably as well.

Alan

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    The Rack grades are long gone now. So are just the stripped receivers. If you want a $950 D or $2300 C they have rack grades. I went with what was supposed to be a used up Field grade but it came back 1 ME 2 TE with GI wood from Korea so no reason to replace that barrel yet. Great news if you want a $650 Field grade, they’re in excellent shape and saves you $100 over the service grade.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm looking for a Winchester service grade but when I looked a few weeks ago they only had them in .308. Nothing against the cartridge but my H&R, Springer and IH are all 30 06 and didn't really want a stray cartridge. Hopefully they sell out before I give in.:laugh:

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    A suppressed M1 looks so wrong but it feels... so right!

I wonder if it would be possible to give the can some nice wood furniture. I kid, but not really.

Top Bottom