• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Tagged for interest.

I've been looking for a solution like this, too. Mine is a detachable suppressor, and ideally, I could detach it while still hot (or at least warm). I don't necessarily mind if it stays hot inside the cover - the whole point is to keep the heat from burning/melting stuff outside the suppressor.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    I'm curious what the temp rating is on those. The last thing I want is to dump a couple mags and have silicone melt and fuse to my suppressor.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Yes I have one sitting in my safe. Took it to the range twice, found out it was cumbersome and not really helpful and stuck it back in the safe. Another hundred dollars well spent

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A pair of welding gloves are real Handy for dealing with suppressors at the range.

This is kinda where I'm at, but to me, there's still the issue of where to put it once I've removed it while its still hot.

I'd like to be able to just put it in the pouch where it belongs.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    This is kinda where I'm at, but to me, there's still the issue of where to put it once I've removed it while its still hot.

I'd like to be able to just put it in the pouch where it belongs.

I handle this by making sure that my suppressed gun is not the last one I shoot. The rifle is too hot after shooting to go in a bag, I have to let it cool down anyway. I lock the bolt back put it in the rack at the range and let it cool while I shoot my pistol or pick up my targets or pack everything else up to go.

Giving the rifle and suppressor 30 minutes to cool down before you have to put it away makes it a lot easier.

1mil-high

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 30, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have used one before. While the $100 price tag is a little steep you can buy the longer variant, cut it in half, and have covers for two suppressors since it doesn't need to cover the whole suppressor to be able to remove (obviously different to avoid mirage).

That being said they do tend to slide when used for sustained or high volume fire, and they don't kill the mirage as well as the "traditional" style of cover.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I’ve got a “Rifles Only” suppressor cover for my rifle can. It works very well, holds down mirage, but yes it’s cumbersome. Not a cover I’d want on an SBR. My 18” AR or my 6.5, works great. The link you posted looks pretty sweet.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I'll second the welding gloves. If I'm shooting rifles, I have a pair with me. Easier on the can than going in a mud puddle.

Top Bottom