• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I just got 3 cans out of jail and figured I'd inquire what everyone else is shooting.

Cans: Salvo 12, Hybrid 46, Warlock 22

My favorite Host: Currently is a sw22 victory. But having just picked up a Ruver Precision Rimfire bolt gun, this might change at the next range trip.

What host/descreeter combo makes you giggle?

As always, if anyone wants to shoot any of my suppressors, just PM me!

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    My 45acp gas operated ar is a hoot

FGf60M4.jpg

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    I've been running my Hybrid on an MP5 clone (PTR 9c) and its currently my favorite thing to shoot. It's been going with me on every range trip and with 147gr its pretty quiet. I've also had the Hybrid on my FNX 45 tactical which is a lot of fun too.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Love my 22 can on my Ruger American Rimfire. Quiet as a mouse.

For my rifle cans, I love my Sig MPX SBR in 300 BLK. Movie quiet.

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I've been running my Hybrid on an MP5 clone (PTR 9c) and its currently my favorite thing to shoot. It's been going with me on every range trip and with 147gr its pretty quiet. I've also had the Hybrid on my FNX 45 tactical which is a lot of fun too.

Are the MP5 hosts all they are hyped up to be? Is the delayed blowback really that much more quiet?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Congrats on all of the cans!!

So many good options, I really like my Ruger 22/45 pistol and S&W M&P 15-22 for 22lr. Bolt guns are fun too. Really all suppressed rimfire so long as it's all cycling okay. Rimfire is probably the best thing you can suppress period, after that maybe 300blk and a good sub gun.

For PCC the MPX is a pretty darn good one, i've shot some regular AR9's a CMMG banshee and several others but so long as they weren't running really hard from adding the can they were all satisfactory. I'd say the absolute winner would probably be an MP5 though, any roller delayed blowback is just amazing suppressed.
    There are a few good pistols but I'd just use the hybrid on a carbine, it's odd on pistols (I assume you've got a promo octane coming too!).

All bolt guns are great and so are lever guns. At this point subs or supers is just up to you, it's all quiet at the ear.

Nothing wrong with AR's but make sure they are "tuned" to run the can. So adjustable gas block or something of the sorts to bring things down so you aren't getting port noise and then you aren't dealing with gas.
    My favorite AR's to suppress are PWS rifles.
    300blk subs in an AR is probably one of the most fun things to shoot, and your Hybrid will sound good with them.

I've got a Salvo 12 and it sounds good on a pump gun but I really like it on my benelli. Biggest thing here is not having a super long barrel to hang it off of. So instead of say a 28" I'd go for 24 or less if possible.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I have some good combos, but my absolute favorite is my Beretta 71 and .22 can (an old Huntertown Guardian 22 Stainless).

Its not flashy, but the combo of the Beretta styling and alleged Mossad connections is just awesome.

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Nothing wrong with AR's but make sure they are "tuned" to run the can. So adjustable gas block or something of the sorts to bring things down so you aren't getting port noise and then you aren't dealing with gas.
    My favorite AR's to suppress are PWS rifles.
    300blk subs in an AR is probably one of the most fun things to shoot, and your Hybrid will sound good with them.
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the tips! I will need to look into this. Not an AR owner yet, but do hope to be soon! First plan is for the CCMG 22lr adapter bolt, but am interested in an AR PCC (MCFG only allows pistol calibers) to make use of the hybrid properly.

I've got a Salvo 12 and it sounds good on a pump gun but I really like it on my benelli. Biggest thing here is not having a super long barrel to hang it off of. So instead of say a 28" I'd go for 24 or less if possible.

Yeah - definitely trying to get a shorter barrel to make up for the breadbox hanging off the end there. I almost sprang for a serbu super shorty a few months ago but they weren't pre-threaded so I didnt :/

Is it true it takes a bit of the recoil off? Or not enough to notice?

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I have some good combos, but my absolute favorite is my Beretta 71 and .22 can (an old Huntertown Guardian 22 Stainless).

Its not flashy, but the combo of the Beretta styling and alleged Mossad connections is just awesome.

Agreed! Personally I always did like a PPK with can for the bond feel. I recently watched this video and I might have to look into one of them... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lJeTkgMKqo. The slide lock feature really friggin cool! (although impractical)

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I've got several 22lr rifle and pistol offerings from Ruger and Savage. We don't buy firearms in 22lr unless it has a threaded barrel anymore. 90% of our 22s are threaded. Have a couple AAC Element 2's and we burn up A Lot of 22lr each year. I enjoy shooting all my cans, but shooting 22lr suppressed is probably the most fun you can have with your pants on

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I've done a fair amount of testing with the Salvo. When using typical buckshot loads (I rarely do anything with birdshot) the Salvo will do what I call soften the report. It's definitely not quiet, but just softer. Not sure how else to describe it. There is a bit less recoil as well. Now, if you use some sub-sonic buckshot it can get much more quiet. Still not like subgun or pistol quiet, but not bad for a shotgun. It's not cheap, but you can get subsonic 00 buckshot here. I've embedded a video below where I shoot some of the subsonic buckshot through the Salvo and compare to full power buck with no Salvo (shooting done at MCF&G).

Also note that I've experimented with the different length rod kits. I've settled on using the 8" rod kit for most use. When using subsonic buckshot it is just as quiet to my ear as the 12" config.
    Here is the 8" config on a 14" 870 Marine SBS.
    SoIAYYx.jpg

[video=youtube;FfUts54NGh8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfUts54NGh8[/video]

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I shoot a lot at Marion County Fish & Game so no rifles there as you mentioned. Because of that I've accumulated a number of 9mm rifles and subguns so I can go ring steel at MCF&G. As others have mentioned it is hard to beat the MP5 suppressed. I'm also really warming up to my Scorpion Micro. The MP5 is just butter smooth and oh so quiet. Both of these also have a binary trigger so that elevates the giggle factor.
    That's an Omega 9k on the MP5 and an Obsidian 9 in short config on the Scorp.

UopxVRx.jpg

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Another really fun 9mm gun I have fun with at MCF&G is the Definitive Arms AKX-9. I've had this for several years. I now also have the relatively new AKV-9 from PSA, but I find I like shooting the AKX-9 better. They're both straight blowback guns, but the AKX-9 shoots a bit smoother and quieter. Octane 45 on the gun in the pic and video below.

pDI47vi.jpg

A little shooting at MCF&G with the AKX-9.
    [video=youtube;P-WFbWRdpkM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-WFbWRdpkM[/video]

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I shoot a lot at Marion County Fish & Game so no rifles there as you mentioned. Because of that I've accumulated a number of 9mm rifles and subguns so I can go ring steel at MCF&G. As others have mentioned it is hard to beat the MP5 suppressed. I'm also really warming up to my Scorpion Micro. The MP5 is just butter smooth and oh so quiet. Both of these also have a binary trigger so that elevates the giggle factor.
    That's an Omega 9k on the MP5 and an Obsidian 9 in short config on the Scorp.

UopxVRx.jpg

Who makes the foward grip on the scorpion? Is it considered an afg? I want one:rockwoot:

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Who makes the foward grip on the scorpion? Is it considered an afg? I want one:rockwoot:

Well, like many things related to BATF it is up for debate whether this is a vertical grip or not. There is an ATF letter around (I've seen it numerous times on AR15.com) which pretty clearly states if it is 90 degrees to the bore then it is a vertical foregrip. This one is exactly 10 degrees off from 90. Everyone can make their own decision. It can be found here at A3 Tactical.

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Another really fun 9mm gun I have fun with at MCF&G is the Definitive Arms AKX-9. I've had this for several years. I now also have the relatively new AKV-9 from PSA, but I find I like shooting the AKX-9 better. They're both straight blowback guns, but the AKX-9 shoots a bit smoother and quieter. Octane 45 on the gun in the pic and video below.

pDI47vi.jpg

A little shooting at MCF&G with the AKX-9.
    [video=youtube;P-WFbWRdpkM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-WFbWRdpkM[/video]

That's amazing! You really cant beat an mp5 in terms of tootaloo Motherfun.... i gotta get me one of those! Thanks for the videos!!! (PS watch your muzzle even tho you're in the far bay)

While not a direct comparison, do you like ak or mp5 style PCC better?

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    While not a direct comparison, do you like ak or mp5 style PCC better?

The MP5 is a better suppressor host (quiet and smooth) but this particular 9mm AK has better controls/ergonomics (last round bolt hold open, AR style bolt and mag release). I don't think many of the AKX-9 were made so it's not something most people would be able to own at this point, however there are other options like the PSA AKV-9 (which I have) and the the KP-9 and KR-9 from Kalashnikov USA. I like AK's so these are appealing to me.

Speaking of AK's, I have a Dead Air Wolverine in jail so I can suppress several AKs once I have it. Not sure how that will work out, but I see reports of pretty good results when an adjustable gas piston is used.

Top Bottom