Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NyleRN View Post
    CCI SV should not have a sonic crack as it's rated at 1070fps. I've shot probably 2-3k of CCI SV in the past year suppressed on 16" rifles and have never went super on me. It definitely shouldn't in these hot and humid ambient temps. And my hearing must be getting bad cause SV on a 16" rifle doesn't bother my ears at all. I'm pretty sure SV out a rifle is right at or below 140db. I could be wrong though
    Holy crap you are right! I just realized I was not shooting CCI SV but rather Federal Champion 22lr 36gr copper plated. I merely brought the CCI SV along but never opened it for some reason. Only the expensive CCI quiet 22.

Has anyone shot CCI SV alongside CCI quiet 22 out of an 18" barrel suppressed? Any differences? If not, then I would be able to save myself 25% of the cost!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rebase View Post
    Holy crap you are right! I just realized I was not shooting CCI SV but rather Federal Champion 22lr 36gr copper plated. I merely brought the CCI SV along but never opened it for some reason. Only the expensive CCI quiet 22.

Has anyone shot CCI SV alongside CCI quiet 22 out of an 18" barrel suppressed? Any differences? If not, then I would be able to save myself 25% of the cost!
    You can definitely tell a difference between CCI SV and the Quiet.....in a bolt action. To me though, the juice isn't worth the squeeze for the quiet loads. The SV is just fine

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NyleRN View Post
    You can definitely tell a difference between CCI SV and the Quiet.....in a bolt action. To me though, the juice isn't worth the squeeze for the quiet loads. The SV is just fine
    For me the quiets arenít any quieter, and most of the time Iím shooting an autoloader so theyíre not for me.

accidentally bought a few boxes last week, didnít see a noise difference.

User Info Menu

For pure fun, I think my lever action Rossi 92 is the most fun to plink with.

If im trying to his small stuff, my Savage MkII .22 boltgun does a dandy job.

This space for rent. I doubt you'll like the rates...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4