Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Favorite Suppressor Host

I just got 3 cans out of jail and figured I'd inquire what everyone else is shooting.

Cans: Salvo 12, Hybrid 46, Warlock 22

My favorite Host: Currently is a sw22 victory. But having just picked up a Ruver Precision Rimfire bolt gun, this might change at the next range trip.

What host/descreeter combo makes you giggle?

As always, if anyone wants to shoot any of my suppressors, just PM me!

User Info Menu

My 45acp gas operated ar is a hoot

Plinker

User Info Menu

I've been running my Hybrid on an MP5 clone (PTR 9c) and its currently my favorite thing to shoot. It's been going with me on every range trip and with 147gr its pretty quiet. I've also had the Hybrid on my FNX 45 tactical which is a lot of fun too.

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !

User Info Menu

I love my Scorpin EVO / ISIS9 combo.
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!

Rules of the INGO Classifieds

INGO rules of conduct

INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

ACC
    Expert

User Info Menu

Love my 22 can on my Ruger American Rimfire. Quiet as a mouse.

For my rifle cans, I love my Sig MPX SBR in 300 BLK. Movie quiet.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ACC View Post
    Love my 22 can on my Ruger American Rimfire. Quiet as a mouse.
    Any tips for the RPR? As mentioned, just picked one up thanks to Simon6101, but haven't yet had a chance to shoot it.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jstrahl View Post
    I've been running my Hybrid on an MP5 clone (PTR 9c) and its currently my favorite thing to shoot. It's been going with me on every range trip and with 147gr its pretty quiet. I've also had the Hybrid on my FNX 45 tactical which is a lot of fun too.
    Are the MP5 hosts all they are hyped up to be? Is the delayed blowback really that much more quiet?

User Info Menu

Congrats on all of the cans!!

So many good options, I really like my Ruger 22/45 pistol and S&W M&P 15-22 for 22lr. Bolt guns are fun too. Really all suppressed rimfire so long as it's all cycling okay. Rimfire is probably the best thing you can suppress period, after that maybe 300blk and a good sub gun.

For PCC the MPX is a pretty darn good one, i've shot some regular AR9's a CMMG banshee and several others but so long as they weren't running really hard from adding the can they were all satisfactory. I'd say the absolute winner would probably be an MP5 though, any roller delayed blowback is just amazing suppressed.
    There are a few good pistols but I'd just use the hybrid on a carbine, it's odd on pistols (I assume you've got a promo octane coming too!).

All bolt guns are great and so are lever guns. At this point subs or supers is just up to you, it's all quiet at the ear.

Nothing wrong with AR's but make sure they are "tuned" to run the can. So adjustable gas block or something of the sorts to bring things down so you aren't getting port noise and then you aren't dealing with gas.
    My favorite AR's to suppress are PWS rifles.
    300blk subs in an AR is probably one of the most fun things to shoot, and your Hybrid will sound good with them.

I've got a Salvo 12 and it sounds good on a pump gun but I really like it on my benelli. Biggest thing here is not having a super long barrel to hang it off of. So instead of say a 28" I'd go for 24 or less if possible.

User Info Menu

I have some good combos, but my absolute favorite is my Beretta 71 and .22 can (an old Huntertown Guardian 22 Stainless).

Its not flashy, but the combo of the Beretta styling and alleged Mossad connections is just awesome.
    Minimum Government, Maximum Freedom.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Nothing wrong with AR's but make sure they are "tuned" to run the can. So adjustable gas block or something of the sorts to bring things down so you aren't getting port noise and then you aren't dealing with gas.
    My favorite AR's to suppress are PWS rifles.
    300blk subs in an AR is probably one of the most fun things to shoot, and your Hybrid will sound good with them.
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for the tips! I will need to look into this. Not an AR owner yet, but do hope to be soon! First plan is for the CCMG 22lr adapter bolt, but am interested in an AR PCC (MCFG only allows pistol calibers) to make use of the hybrid properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bfish View Post
    I've got a Salvo 12 and it sounds good on a pump gun but I really like it on my benelli. Biggest thing here is not having a super long barrel to hang it off of. So instead of say a 28" I'd go for 24 or less if possible.
    Yeah - definitely trying to get a shorter barrel to make up for the breadbox hanging off the end there. I almost sprang for a serbu super shorty a few months ago but they weren't pre-threaded so I didnt :/

Is it true it takes a bit of the recoil off? Or not enough to notice?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast