• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I apologize if this has been discussed before but I haven't found an answer. I am looking at buying two suppressors from Silencer Shop and planned on using an approved dealer locally. If I use the kiosk option and use a local dealer will there be an additional NFA transfer fee charged by the dealers? It seems on the Silencer Shop website it says no transfer fees but I do not know if that also includes the local shop you use from their website. Some of the shop websites are showing a $100 transfer fee for NFA items. In the past I had used a single person for NFA items but am now looking for a new shop to purchase through that has the kiosk. As always any information is appreciated.

Thanks

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    Nope, the price you see is the price you pay. No additional shipping or transfer fees. The kiosks make the entire process super easy and I’ve went through them several times now.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    With the silencer shop order/kiosk, there should be no charge from the shop either. The shop gets a cut of the purchase price of the suppressor that SilencerShop sends them when they ship the can. If they try to charge you a fee, contact SilencerShop, and I’m sure they will take care of it.

Now, if you try to use a kiosk at one shop, but have purchased through a different shop (even via SilencerShop), they (ship that had the kiosk) can charge a convenience fee.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I appreciate the responses guys and this seems so much easier then the paperwork route I did in the past. Ok, one more question about the Kiosks. If i wanted to register a SBR that will go along with the suppressor later then is that something I can do at a kiosk or do I need to go a different route? I know the SBR and the suppressor are different forms but would be nice to get them both going in the system around the same time. Thank you again for any help

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    I appreciate the responses guys and this seems so much easier then the paperwork route I did in the past. Ok, one more question about the Kiosks. If i wanted to register a SBR that will go along with the suppressor later then is that something I can do at a kiosk or do I need to go a different route? I know the SBR and the suppressor are different forms but would be nice to get them both going in the system around the same time. Thank you again for any help
    Do it as an eForm and you'll have it back before summer is over. Online is the way to go when making your own.

Just occurred to me that you may be buying a factory SBR. That's gonna be a wait. But if you make your own, 1-2 months easy.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Burchamj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2019
    Bloomington
    Do it as an eForm and you'll have it back before summer is over. Online is the way to go when making your own.

Just occurred to me that you may be buying a factory SBR. That's gonna be a wait. But if you make your own, 1-2 months easy.

Can confirm this. I submitted my form 1 end of April this year and got it back mid may. Was I think a 3 week wait time.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I appreciate your responses. I am ordering a BCM 11.5" upper. Now, one more question since I have taken this thread all over. Will a stock BCM bolt carrier group be fine for suppressor I am also purchasing? It will be a AAC M4-2000.

Thanks again guys

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    I appreciate your responses. I am ordering a BCM 11.5" upper. Now, one more question since I have taken this thread all over. Will a stock BCM bolt carrier group be fine for suppressor I am also purchasing? It will be a AAC M4-2000.

Thanks again guys
    It'll work just fine.

The only part most people change is either the buffer weight or adding an adjustable gas block. I've built mine with adjustables in preparation for buying suppressors.

And since you are buying upper separate, eFile your lower now.

Another note, don't have an upper under 16" in the same home as AR lowers or rifles unless you've got either an AR pistol or an SBR.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    File a form1 at the kiosk and you’re likely to get a $60 or so fee (a retailer in NWI hit me with it for a suppressor build) efile away, roll your own prints and you’re outta there with a $200 tax plus postage on your prints

Burchamj

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2019
    Bloomington
    File a form1 at the kiosk and you’re likely to get a $60 or so fee (a retailer in NWI hit me with it for a suppressor build) efile away, roll your own prints and you’re outta there with a $200 tax plus postage on your prints

When I did my form 1 for my SBR, I e-filed then went to my sherriff's office to get my prints done. Cost me $5 a card so $10 total for both. They also did the prints so I didn't need to worry about ruining the card to come back. I then asked if they could give me an envelope to send them in and they gave me one with postage so overall, I paid $210 for my stamp.

Top Bottom