Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Grandmaster irishfan's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Silencer shop transfer cost

    I apologize if this has been discussed before but I haven't found an answer. I am looking at buying two suppressors from Silencer Shop and planned on using an approved dealer locally. If I use the kiosk option and use a local dealer will there be an additional NFA transfer fee charged by the dealers? It seems on the Silencer Shop website it says no transfer fees but I do not know if that also includes the local shop you use from their website. Some of the shop websites are showing a $100 transfer fee for NFA items. In the past I had used a single person for NFA items but am now looking for a new shop to purchase through that has the kiosk. As always any information is appreciated.

    Thanks
    Freedom? How much is that going to cost me this year?

  2. #2
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    Nope, the price you see is the price you pay. No additional shipping or transfer fees. The kiosks make the entire process super easy and Iíve went through them several times now.

  3. #3
    Expert scottka's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    With the silencer shop order/kiosk, there should be no charge from the shop either. The shop gets a cut of the purchase price of the suppressor that SilencerShop sends them when they ship the can. If they try to charge you a fee, contact SilencerShop, and Iím sure they will take care of it.

    Now, if you try to use a kiosk at one shop, but have purchased through a different shop (even via SilencerShop), they (ship that had the kiosk) can charge a convenience fee.

  4. #4
    Grandmaster irishfan's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I appreciate the responses guys and this seems so much easier then the paperwork route I did in the past. Ok, one more question about the Kiosks. If i wanted to register a SBR that will go along with the suppressor later then is that something I can do at a kiosk or do I need to go a different route? I know the SBR and the suppressor are different forms but would be nice to get them both going in the system around the same time. Thank you again for any help
    Freedom? How much is that going to cost me this year?

  5. #5
    Plinker IronsKeeper's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan View Post
    I appreciate the responses guys and this seems so much easier then the paperwork route I did in the past. Ok, one more question about the Kiosks. If i wanted to register a SBR that will go along with the suppressor later then is that something I can do at a kiosk or do I need to go a different route? I know the SBR and the suppressor are different forms but would be nice to get them both going in the system around the same time. Thank you again for any help
    Do it as an eForm and you'll have it back before summer is over. Online is the way to go when making your own.

    Just occurred to me that you may be buying a factory SBR. That's gonna be a wait. But if you make your own, 1-2 months easy.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by IronsKeeper View Post
    Do it as an eForm and you'll have it back before summer is over. Online is the way to go when making your own.

    Just occurred to me that you may be buying a factory SBR. That's gonna be a wait. But if you make your own, 1-2 months easy.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    Can confirm this. I submitted my form 1 end of April this year and got it back mid may. Was I think a 3 week wait time.

  7. #7
    Grandmaster irishfan's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I appreciate your responses. I am ordering a BCM 11.5" upper. Now, one more question since I have taken this thread all over. Will a stock BCM bolt carrier group be fine for suppressor I am also purchasing? It will be a AAC M4-2000.

    Thanks again guys
    Freedom? How much is that going to cost me this year?

  8. #8
    Plinker IronsKeeper's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan View Post
    I appreciate your responses. I am ordering a BCM 11.5" upper. Now, one more question since I have taken this thread all over. Will a stock BCM bolt carrier group be fine for suppressor I am also purchasing? It will be a AAC M4-2000.

    Thanks again guys
    It'll work just fine.

    The only part most people change is either the buffer weight or adding an adjustable gas block. I've built mine with adjustables in preparation for buying suppressors.

    And since you are buying upper separate, eFile your lower now.

    Another note, don't have an upper under 16" in the same home as AR lowers or rifles unless you've got either an AR pistol or an SBR.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan View Post
    I appreciate the responses guys and this seems so much easier then the paperwork route I did in the past. Ok, one more question about the Kiosks. If i wanted to register a SBR that will go along with the suppressor later then is that something I can do at a kiosk or do I need to go a different route? I know the SBR and the suppressor are different forms but would be nice to get them both going in the system around the same time. Thank you again for any help
    File a form1 at the kiosk and youíre likely to get a $60 or so fee (a retailer in NWI hit me with it for a suppressor build) efile away, roll your own prints and youíre outta there with a $200 tax plus postage on your prints

  10. #10
    Grandmaster irishfan's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I understand your point on the kiosk fee and appreciate all the info you guys have given me. Thanks!

    Freedom? How much is that going to cost me this year?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge