• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    What is going on with the form 1 on Silencer Shop?

When I talked to the owner at the NRA convention he indicated they were dramatically working on increasing the controls to prevent erroneous data going through. However, since then the ATF Form1 e-file has become extremely popular and I think they really don't care about the Form 1 business anymore because of liability overhead.

weevilbasher

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Just efile it yourself it was a super easy process the hardest part was going to impd to get my fingerprint cards done. I tried waiting out silencershop but got tired and just did it myself and the money I saved paid for the engraving

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I've been waiting on that myself only because I've tried to fingerprint myself and I always fudge one or a few of them and I don't know if Gary PD or lake county will do them.

weevilbasher

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Call them I paid impd $12 total and that included the cards and them fingerprinting me. Just make sure they sign both cards

Edit: a buddy of mine lives just outside Marion county and his local sharif didn’t even charge him. But because I’m in impd jurisdiction Marion co sharif wouldn’t do them

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Worth a shot I suppose. Also worth noting I've read that you can actually scan your print cards onto a computer at least 600dpi and photoshop out everything but the prints and then if you can set the printer up right, you can reprint them out onto another card for future use and they're just as valid as an original inkpad stamped card.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Once you have your prints on file with silencershop, they will send you the printed FBI cards with your prints on them for $15 per set per responsible person. You just have to call them and ask.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I haven't done a Form 1 e-file trust since pre-41F. Do they want a scanned fingerprint card(s) when you submit the e-file request?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    :dunno:

An electronic e-file Form 1 requires paper finger print cards to be sent in? You sure MC6?

weevilbasher

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Yep after submitting your efile they will email you a confirmation email with a pdf copy to mail to your Leo and a cover letter with an address to mail your fingerprint cards

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Is there a local source for the cards? I've requested some from ATF, got them after a ~week but need more. I have a set of prints using the IMPD cards. I've sent those in in the past. Not sure if they are still accepted or not.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Is there a local source for the cards? I've requested some from ATF, got them after a ~week but need more. I have a set of prints using the IMPD cards. I've sent those in in the past. Not sure if they are still accepted or not.

I've got a box of them. Ordered from the government printing office. I've heard they do not like locally generated cards from various groups.

weevilbasher

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2019
    Indianapolis

Sent mine in may 2019 got approved June 2019 with impd cards

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom