• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosmos556

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2017
    Greenwood
    I remember reading about a year ago or so that Point Blank (Greenwood) doesn't allow full auto any more. I called as well as asked in store, and all I got was a bunch of nonsense about people shooting walls, floors, wrong lanes, small animals two counties over, etc.

So, where in Indianapolis can I shoot my M16 (5.56mm) with the giggle switch set to fun? It's a bit of a downer to finally sell off and save up for the machine gun I always wanted and the local place I planned to shoot at changed their policy while my Form 4 was pending, but such is life.

I've been out to Top Gun in Terre Haute, which is a great range, but I'd prefer to shoot closer than the 90 minute each way drive if possible. I also heard there's a place down in Clarksville that allows full auto, which I'd visit when we went down to see friends and family, but my Google-Fu has failed me and I can't find the name of it to call and ask if I rifle calibers are allowed. Is there anywhere else in or around Indy where I can go shoot?

Thanks in advance for your help.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    What? A range doesn't want people shooting up their walls, baffles, target carriers, and other people's targets???? Tells me they know their clientele fairly well.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Not sure it applies.... Top Guns in Terre Haute does not allow steel or steel core bullets. I got busted with some cheap 380 ammo. Range officers carry a magnet, if it sticks to your bullet, it's a no go. For what it's worth.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    What? A range doesn't want people shooting up their walls, baffles, target carriers, and other people's targets???? Tells me they know their clientele fairly well.

All their stuff gets shot plenty with people who have no idea how to shoot but want to. Same with any range.

Really I'd feel more comfortable with having a range exclusively for MGs....most people who spent $10k+ on that know how to handle them.

Could be me profiling though

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    As I determined in that thread last year, the answer is pretty much just Parabellum. I went back many times after that and had no problems shooting full auto (subguns in 9mm, .45ACP and full auto rifles in 5.56 and 7.62x39). As long as you have it under control and don't mind the staff drooling over your guns, you are good to go (and I always find it a good idea to offer to let the staff of a range run a mag or two, as it makes them really friendly going forward and you get to spread the full auto love around).

For outdoors, my go to is still ProTEQ out in Brazil. In fact, I'm working with them to set up the Fall INGO Open Shoot, which will inevitably have machine guns there.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Bullseye in Kokomo allows it. It's been awhile since I've been in there, so you might want to call first.

Last edited:

cosmos556

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2017
    Greenwood
    Hi everyone, thanks for the responses! I've been out of the loop from the weekend, but I really appreciate all the help.

@Yamadog35
    thanks for the link! I missed it while scrolling through the subforum
    @DRob No kidding, right? I usually go on weekdays when it's very mild, but I had some... excitement... at the Cincinnati location a while back.
    @Hawkeye7br Yeah, Top Guns got me too. I am sitting on a bunch of Wolf steel core, as Tula range friendly wasn't available last year when I had the money for a larger order.
    @M67 & AmmoManAaron My thoughts exactly. Most people willing to spend the cost of a car on a transferable MG, IME, know how to handle a firearm responsibly.
    @Beowulf Wow, that is exactly the information I was seeking! Your thread linked above was helpful, too. Parabellum is a much closer drive for an indoor range, which is great for scratching the itch. I had no idea about ProTEQ; which valley would be used for MGs, the west range? I'm not on here much so I must have missed the information for the fall shoot, but that sounds like a fun gathering. Hopefully I'm off that weekend.
    @Rookie Thanks. I don't get up to Kokomo much; how does it compare to Top Guns?
    @MontereyC6 Thanks for chiming in. I didn't realize they rented as well. I went whole hog rifle for my likely only MG purchase, but it'd be worth renting to see how I like pistol caliber SMG style (which I'd replicate with CMMG Guard/EndoMags.) If they rent a G18/conversion, that would cross something off the bucket list!

Thanks, everyone. Sounds like I'll be heading to Avon very soon :ar15:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Hi everyone, thanks for the responses! I've been out of the loop from the weekend, but I really appreciate all the help.

@Yamadog35
    thanks for the link! I missed it while scrolling through the subforum
    @DRob No kidding, right? I usually go on weekdays when it's very mild, but I had some... excitement... at the Cincinnati location a while back.
    @Hawkeye7br Yeah, Top Guns got me too. I am sitting on a bunch of Wolf steel core, as Tula range friendly wasn't available last year when I had the money for a larger order.
    @M67 & AmmoManAaron My thoughts exactly. Most people willing to spend the cost of a car on a transferable MG, IME, know how to handle a firearm responsibly.
    @Beowulf Wow, that is exactly the information I was seeking! Your thread linked above was helpful, too. Parabellum is a much closer drive for an indoor range, which is great for scratching the itch. I had no idea about ProTEQ; which valley would be used for MGs, the west range? I'm not on here much so I must have missed the information for the fall shoot, but that sounds like a fun gathering. Hopefully I'm off that weekend.
    @Rookie Thanks. I don't get up to Kokomo much; how does it compare to Top Guns?
    @MontereyC6 Thanks for chiming in. I didn't realize they rented as well. I went whole hog rifle for my likely only MG purchase, but it'd be worth renting to see how I like pistol caliber SMG style (which I'd replicate with CMMG Guard/EndoMags.) If they rent a G18/conversion, that would cross something off the bucket list!

Thanks, everyone. Sounds like I'll be heading to Avon very soon :ar15:

At ProTEQ, the INGO shoots are on the South Range, which is open to the public for free for the duration of the shoot (typically, we have it open from 10 or 11am to 4pm or so).

Top Bottom