Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

Not legal advice...
    I was in my car...
    Seems I was way off on LOP...I should Google that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ggreen View Post
    This is mostly wrong.

You do not have to or even need to loctite your blade in position. I use them on my pistols for simplicity and have never had one loosen in use.

13.5 is the max lop for a pistol. Rear of brace to front flat of trigger. Longer and it can be called an sbr.

If your gun measures 26.5" in its smallest usable format you can use a vfg. This doesn't count muzzle devices unless they are welded. Brace must be all the way forward. If it does not require a buffer to operate you must measure to the back of the reciever.
    Mostly correct. Everything I read references OAL at 26". This is the threshold ATF determined is no longer concealable. Unless you're actually concealing it, then it's an AOW.

This time I used Google.

EDIT: Pistol with OAL >26" and vertical grip. OC ok and grip has to be in most forward position. Conceil or grip set back, AOW and 10 years in the pokey.
    Last edited by Sigblitz; 10-15-2019 at 06:31.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
    Not completely true. If I remember, the SB4 goes on a regular mil spec buffer .

Bob
    Correct... the SBA4 comes with a 6-position mil-spec 7075 receiver extension and is LOP adjustable like an M4 buttstock. I have one on an Aero Precision 8 1:7 300 AAC Blackout upper. Who needs an SBR when you can have this?
    Endowment Member, National Rifle Association; Member, Gun Owners of America; Member, Second Amendment Foundation; Member, Marion County Fish and Game Association; Member, Crawfordsville Gun Club; Member, Revere's Riders; Rifleman, Project Appleseed; Private Pilot, Airplane, Single-Engine Land

User Info Menu

OP here, after having assembled and played with my AR pistol with regular pistol buffer tube, I have decided it sucks and not a lot of fun to shoot. I kinda suspected as much even before I built it.
    So, Im thinking of SBRing the upper. Its a 7.5 barrelled upper. If I was to put this together with a rifle lower it is then considered an SBR, correct? To make this legal to own and play with, what do I need to do and how much does it cost in SBR-BS taxes?

Thanks, Matt

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !

User Info Menu

E-File a Form 1 to make the SBR. It is taking about 30 days right now and the tax is $200
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!

Rules of the INGO Classifieds

INGO rules of conduct

INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Living in the E-File Poorhouse Yamadog35's Avatar

User Info Menu

Don't forget the NFA engraving on the lower and the cost of that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yamadog35 View Post
    Don't forget the NFA engraving on the lower and the cost of that.
    I know nothing about needing engraving on the lower. Can I do it myself? (CNC machining center)

Would it then be a legal issue if I stuck a full length rifle upper on it?

Matt

User Info Menu

Yes you can. There's certain criteria you have to meet (depth, height, and information) but you can do it.

An SBR can have a 16+ inch barrel.

Keeper of the Hammer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notalentbum View Post
    OP here, after having assembled and played with my AR pistol with regular pistol buffer tube, I have decided it sucks and not a lot of fun to shoot. I kinda suspected as much even before I built it.
    So, Im thinking of SBRing the upper. Its a 7.5 barrelled upper. If I was to put this together with a rifle lower it is then considered an SBR, correct? To make this legal to own and play with, what do I need to do and how much does it cost in SBR-BS taxes?

Thanks, Matt
    You don't SBR the upper, in an AR, it's the lower that gets registered. The tax is $200 for a form 1.

INGO Classified Ad Rules
    INGO Forum Rules
    Click here to become an INGO
    Click here if you are interested in advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2