• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Ok, I have been back into building rifles lately and looking to get back to some NFA items as well. I am looking to get at least one dedicated 5.56 suppressor. Originally, I had been set on getting a new Surefire Socom 556RC2 but the YHM turbo is looking quite nice at the price point. The Surefire I know is the choice by our military but can anyone give me any opinions why a recreational shooter would not choose two YHM turbos at the price point compared to the Surefire? I do appreciate any input either way.

Thanks

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Turbo
    1. Quieter
    2. Less expensive
    3. Better mounting system
    4. Better customer service
    Only thing the turbo loses out to the surfire is back pressure

mp40gunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Rushville, Indiana
    Not sure where you are located but we have a Turbo that customers can demo. If you are interested drop me a PM. I have sold several of them over the past few years and have never had a customer unhappy with choosing a turbo. They are a great can IMHO.

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I've got a Ti Phantom which is what they made before the Turbo and it works great. It sounds about the same as my GA Optimus and it's maybe a little quieter than my buddies Sig. For the price YH can't be beat...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I have a Surefire SOCOM 556RC and I've never been impressed with the suppression. I bought it to withstand a very high round count which it has thus far. If sounds suppression was my primary consideration I'd look elsewhere.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Surefire suppressors suck at sound suppression. Ive used them first hand. Unless they've changed something in recent years.
    I would never buy one. So many better rifle can options.
    Honestly better options than YHM too if you want sound suppression. Its not always about decibels its also about the tone.
    Check out dead air.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Get the turbo k then you'll have options on mounting systems and a shorter lighter setup. AR's in 5.56 dont suppress well so you'll still be wearing ear pro so might as well go short and light.

Top Bottom