Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

Surefire or YHM 5.56 suppressor

Ok, I have been back into building rifles lately and looking to get back to some NFA items as well. I am looking to get at least one dedicated 5.56 suppressor. Originally, I had been set on getting a new Surefire Socom 556RC2 but the YHM turbo is looking quite nice at the price point. The Surefire I know is the choice by our military but can anyone give me any opinions why a recreational shooter would not choose two YHM turbos at the price point compared to the Surefire? I do appreciate any input either way.

Thanks
    Freedom? How much is that going to cost me this year?

User Info Menu

Turbo
    1. Quieter
    2. Less expensive
    3. Better mounting system
    4. Better customer service
    Only thing the turbo loses out to the surfire is back pressure

User Info Menu

Yankee hill is a great company

Plinker

User Info Menu

Not sure where you are located but we have a Turbo that customers can demo. If you are interested drop me a PM. I have sold several of them over the past few years and have never had a customer unhappy with choosing a turbo. They are a great can IMHO.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I've got a Ti Phantom which is what they made before the Turbo and it works great. It sounds about the same as my GA Optimus and it's maybe a little quieter than my buddies Sig. For the price YH can't be beat...

User Info Menu

I have a Surefire SOCOM 556RC and I've never been impressed with the suppression. I bought it to withstand a very high round count which it has thus far. If sounds suppression was my primary consideration I'd look elsewhere.
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

User Info Menu

Appreciate the info guys. Looks like the Yankee Hill will be hard to beat at the price
    Freedom? How much is that going to cost me this year?

User Info Menu

You really should get with mp40gunner about trying out his demo units.
    "The problem with internet quotations is that many are not genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

User Info Menu

Surefire suppressors suck at sound suppression. Ive used them first hand. Unless they've changed something in recent years.
    I would never buy one. So many better rifle can options.
    Honestly better options than YHM too if you want sound suppression. Its not always about decibels its also about the tone.
    Check out dead air.
    NRA Patron Life Member
    ​NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

Plinker

User Info Menu

Get the turbo k then you'll have options on mounting systems and a shorter lighter setup. AR's in 5.56 dont suppress well so you'll still be wearing ear pro so might as well go short and light.