Suppressed .300 SBR BCG Recommendations?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HMMurdock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Greenwood aka G-Wood
    <This likely was posted before by someone elsebut I can’t find it>

I have been approved for and currently have a Sig M400 SBR 9” and a SilencerCo Osprey-45 that I will be firing subsonic .300 from. I am only lacking a Bolt Carrier Group and Charging Handle.

I’m leaning towards a Radian Raptor SD or Griffin Armament SN-ACH for the charging handle.

As for the Bolt Carrier Group, there are so many options. I see many that advertise being specifically for short barreled rifles and/or suppressed rifles. Given my setup, are there any recommendations for a good BCG (or charging handle)?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    300 BLK uses the same BCG as 5.56/.223. I just have a Nickle Boron one from PSA and an H2 buffer, which is arguably more important.

trclark1525

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2019
    Goshen
    Thanks! Should I opt for one that is “designed” for a suppressor to help eliminate gas blowback?

I don’t have any personal experience with BCG’s designed specifically for suppressed fire, but it sounds like they generally don’t do much more for the extra $$ that you pay. I’ve heard of guys using regular BCG’s with an adjustable gas key, but more often than not it appears that guys don’t mess with the BCG as much as they do with a buffer setup or adjustable gas block. I, personally, would recommend adjusting your buffer setup and leaving it at that.

And the Radian SD charging handle is great!

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I went with a nickel boron coated one to make cleaning a little easier. One thigh that really helped out on the quietness of my .300 sbr is the JP Enterprises captured buffer spring. It really knocks down the operating noise. Probably really only important to the shooter but it’s very nice! A buddy put one in his 9mm sbr as well. Make s a big difference to the shooter.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I just run a regular PSA nickel boron as well and it's fine. As mentioned above I need to get a silent captured buffer/spring though as that'll be the loudest part of your setup.

BoilerMakerME

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Run any 5.56 BCG, i run a nitride AERO. Look at superlative arms bleed off gas block, my chamber looks pretty good running suppressed and the SA gas block.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    I have the bootleg adjustable bcg, and it works well if you have multiple silencers with various backpressure, and/or multiple uppers. Adjusting the bcg is easier than adjusting a gas block under a handguard in my opinion.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I don't know if you bought a BCG yet or not but if you don't have a adjustable gas block on your rifle buying the bootleg or gemtech adjustable BCG may help you to get your rifle running it's best and reduce the amount of noise coming from the ejection port if it's over gassed. Otherwise about anything will work and as may have suggested NIB is nice because it's easier to clean.

HMMurdock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Greenwood aka G-Wood
    You guys rock. I got a regular spike’s NiB BCG and I can’t really try it out until deer season is over, but I’m pretty sure my upper’s has block is adjustable. Now I need to find a captured buffer...

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    I am using a Gemtech supressed bcg on my 300blk sbr.
    I am very pleased and it functions beautifully.
    When shooting supressed, adjust it to "supressed mode",.
    When shooting supers, set to "unsupressed", and it functions properly.
    If you shoot supers in "supressed" mode, it vents too much gas and becomes a single shot.
    But, it works great when used as directed and I didn't need to change springs or buffers.

Top Bottom