• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I don’t know why that wouldn’t work. It’s expensive enough that it absolutely defeats the purpose of shooting 22lr for most folks though.

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    There a few threads on that round at Rimfire Central accuracy runs about 5" at 25 yards. My guess is the rifling isn't correct for the bullet weight.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    It's not just leading. Burnt powder sticking to the wax a lot of 22lr is dipped in builds up rapidly. Most of what I scrape off my baffles is powder and wax.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'm assuming the sealed can is for a centerfire. I think I've heard that you can just shoot regular .223, .308, etc afterwards and that would blow out the leading from the rimfire. Maybe someone else could comment on the validity of this.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I'm assuming the sealed can is for a centerfire. I think I've heard that you can just shoot regular .223, .308, etc afterwards and that would blow out the leading from the rimfire. Maybe someone else could comment on the validity of this.

No you can't. It takes a reasonable effort to clean 22lr baffles because of the wax and powder sediment that keeps gluing itself to the baffles when it heats up.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Cool, good to know. I was just curious. The only can I own right now is a Hybrid 46 so it would be a tad ridiculous to hang on any of the .22s I own, but I want a .30 suppressor before I even think of getting one for .22

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Cool, good to know. I was just curious. The only can I own right now is a Hybrid 46 so it would be a tad ridiculous to hang on any of the .22s I own, but I want a .30 suppressor before I even think of getting one for .22

I won't even consider shooting rimfire through a regular can. Gunk, build up, and worse a tumbling round striking baffles or the end cap in a non repairable can would make me sick.

Solvent trap for 150ish a a quick efile form 1 is a cheap fast way to get a rimfire can.

Top Bottom