• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I was looking for a lower parts kit for an AR pistol build I am working on. I have had pretty decent service and performance from nearly everything I’ve bought from BearCreek. BearCreek was my first stop to look for a LPK. A quick search of their site brings up only one LPK for $119.99. I’m looking it over to make sure it has all I need. It mentions full auto a couple times and initially I am thinking it’s like the full auto style of BCG but still perfectly legal in an AR. The more I read I’m realizing this is a true full auto trigger group! I didn’t think you could buy those without the MG license. Is it legal to have a FA lower parts kit sitting on the shelf? Is it even legal for them to sell it?
    Really just curious about this.

Matt

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think this may fall under the category of everything is legal as long as you don't own it all together, meaning you can have an AR lower or you can have the lower full auto parts kit, but you can't own both at the same time or the ATF may construe that as you owning an unregistered machine gun.

Personally, I think that is a legal stretch, but on the other hand, when has that stopped the Feds from doing anything? :dunno:

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I was thinking it would be cool to have a FA kit in-house if the laws ever changed to be legal without excessive taxation in the form of a license. But not worth the risk if owning a functional AR-15 and a bag of parts puts me in line for a felony conviction! Not even worth the risk of ordering one !

Matt

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think this may fall under the category of everything is legal as long as you don't own it all together, meaning you can have an AR lower or you can have the lower full auto parts kit, but you can't own both at the same time or the ATF may construe that as you owning an unregistered machine gun.

Personally, I think that is a legal stretch, but on the other hand, when has that stopped the Feds from doing anything? :dunno:

You definitely cannot have a full auto lower, even if you don't have a fa fcg.

Fa fcg in an ar15 is not registered so you can have them. But ordering one may end in a visit from dhs, ice, atf, locals etc... A lot of these sales are monitored like the fuel filters.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The LPK with auto sear, hammer, disconnector, selector etc... will not make your gun a machine gun. You’d have to machine out the lower, plus drill the third pin hole for the sear. IMHO it’s a waste of money to put FA parts in a SA lower because they’re not going to make it run different. IIRC the hooked hammer used to be specifically a no-no in any rifle that wasn’t registered, but I may be remembering that incorrectly. Just get a SA kit and move on with life.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i could be wrong, but i thought owning a fa lpkit and any config of an ar15 was considered "intent", even if its not installed, you have "intent" to make a full auto, or if your lower had the "third hole" and you had no fa parts, that's intent also.

if it were me, i'd not even risk it, fa bolt...no problem, buy all of those you want!...but not one fa lower part at all! never ever!

I remember reading on here (or arf.com) about model 1 sales accidently shipping fa lpk's to someone, the person started asking why the trigger, hammer and safety looked different than the kits he'd ordered before, it was quickly discovered that they were full auto parts, the poster called model one sales, and the next day he had the correct parts, and a return label for the first kit they shipped!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    if a lower has the third hole, it’s a machine gun. Period.

i could be wrong, but i thought owning a fa lpkit and any config of an ar15 was considered "intent", even if its not installed, you have "intent" to make a full auto, or if your lower had the "third hole" and you had no fa parts, that's intent also.

if it were me, i'd not even risk it, fa bolt...no problem, buy all of those you want!...but not one fa lower part at all! never ever!

I remember reading on here (or arf.com) about model 1 sales accidently shipping fa lpk's to someone, the person started asking why the trigger, hammer and safety looked different than the kits he'd ordered before, it was quickly discovered that they were full auto parts, the poster called model one sales, and the next day he had the correct parts, and a return label for the first kit they shipped!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I didn't run over to their website to look, but normally before a company will ship you a lower parts kit as you describe you have to provide them with proper documentation such as an 07/02.

Top Bottom