• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which to SBS? (Yes, I know a tax stamp is required)

• Total voters

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I have a 590A1. I do not like how forward-heavy it is, but it is neat as hell with a bayonet on the end. I am considering finding a 14 in conversion kit (Seems difficult to find) to SBS it with forms.
    Or, I am thinking about buying a Shockwave and tax-stamp it. I would probably want to install $100+ Ghost Ring sights like what is on my 590A1.

Clearly some will say “Get both”, but I’d rather get thoughts from forum members in which of these two choices above makes most sense.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I bought both and sold the Remington. It is only a 4 + 1 v.s. the Mossberg Shockwave model. I put the SB Tactical brace on the Mossy + I bought the ported barrel with fiber optic sight.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have the Mossy Shockwave with a pistol brace, Remington 870 SBS (12" barrel cut down from 18.5") and the Tac 14 with Pistol brace.

The Tac 14 is the most expensive, but the coolest. I am about to SBS it.

The 870 is my favorite to look at and least favorite to shoot (I prefer a tang safety)

The Mossy Shockwave is great, in expensive, has tang safety and lots of available accessories.

Just my $0.02

uaeNfK2.jpg

Last edited:

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    I have really enjoyed my shockwave after i went the SBS route. You can get 8+1 when you use the aquilla mini shells. You’ll want to get the adapter to use the mini shells, it’s cheap and just slips right in or out easily with no tools needed.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I agree with this. The shockwave runs the mini shells best and with the adapter it has been reliable for me.

I have really enjoyed my shockwave after i went the SBS route. You can get 8+1 when you use the aquilla mini shells. You’ll want to get the adapter to use the mini shells, it’s cheap and just slips right in or out easily with no tools needed.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I bought and broke a night stick today. Put the mini shell adapter in and ran 8 aguila #4 bucks through it. 3 more rounds and the forestock broke clean off. Looks like the threads were cut to deep on the tube. Called fourguns and asked them what I should do with it. They said bring it back tomorrow and they would fix it.

Top Bottom