• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I don’t realistically expect anything different, but maybe someone down there will laugh a little.

LswidTS.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Hope it works.

FWIW, I follow the ATF on F.B. When they post about catching a bad guy, a good portion of the comments go something like this. "Great job. You guys and gals are the best in the world........ Can you hurry up on my stamp now? Please? Pretty please??"

It's kinda funny.

iopvpZx.png

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    There should be a frequent flyer bypass line. First stamp, sure, go crazy, take your time. Once you have done the first, it should be a pretty easy process. Prints and photos should be good for 5 years. If you’ve had a stamp in the past 5 years, NICS check approval.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Agreed. The thing I can’t wrap my head around is the gross disparity between the E-File Form 1 wait time versus the paper Form 4. 30 days for one, 9-12 months for the other. Makes zero sense.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Agreed. The thing I can’t wrap my head around is the gross disparity between the E-File Form 1 wait time versus the paper Form 4. 30 days for one, 9-12 months for the other. Makes zero sense.

Efile has website already input into their system. Paper requires a wait for an inspector to type out what you wrote. I hear they have less than 50 employees working nfa. They need a hundred temps to handle the data entry backlog.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Thats BS. I will never ever believe that data entry adds 8 months to wait time. I have forms from 2010ish that took 50 days.

How many government shutdowns? When did cleo signoff change? It takes roughly an hour per entry, if it's typed and they don't have to decipher chicken scratch. Less than 100k oppressors sold on average back then too. 2011-2015 averaged 100k suppressors, 2016 was over 400k with the same staff. Who knows how many sbr's and form 1s. The industry basically quadrupled but we still only have 50 investigators. So yes data entry does take that long.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Well I hope they get the E Form4s working soon then so they can keep wait times reasonable. 4 to 6 months is already a pretty long wait with how fast new products are entering the market.

Top Bottom