• ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Super vague

Dedicated can or versatile? Smallest as possible while hearing safe? Max suppression? Budget?

There's a lot of great cans on the market, so best is very subjective so it's easier to see what your needs and wants are then go from there

Sheepdog103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2019
    Fishers
    versatile preferred. Would like multi-caliber functionality. smallest as possible while hearing safe. Best under $800 but would rather get one good one multi caliber than multiple cheaper options. 300BLK pistol with the ability to transition to other generic AR platforms.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    For the money have heard nothing but good about the Yankee Hill Resonator

If I was going to go the QD rifle can route again, I'd probably look at the Rugged Razor fairly hard. I have a couple older Saker 762s so I'm invested pretty heavy in the MAAD system and while I like the twist on-off feature, the MAAD mount has locked up on me a couple times

Silencer Omega is a pretty good can too though and the Chimera should be as well....but the lightness of the Omega would be nice. The ASR mount has been around for a while, most people haven't had issues with it but some have (none of the people I know have had issues with it besides 1 but he said he didn't lock the lock ring down but another here had a thread where his can launched inside an indoor range and got damaged beyond repair from others at the range)

I've ran my Omega 9k on a 300 before. Love the compactness but it's definitely not bunny fart quiet, just not blow your ear drums inside a house quiet

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    The Omega will have better suppression than the Rugged Radiant, but the Radiant is lighter and shorter. The Radiant also has no minimum barrel length restrictions in case you have any short barreled rifle caliber hosts.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Bobcat Armament in Shelbyville has a couple of the Rugged .30 cal cans in stock right now that you could get a good price on. I believe they have a Surge and a Razor.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Are the Witt cans hollow point or etc. safe? It didn't specify... don't knownifntheyhuse a wipe system. Thank you!

I think all cans are hollow point safe. No one should be using wipes anymore since the atf said that replacements are suppressor parts and can only be replaced by an FFL. I believe Witt rates their 30 cal can as bearing safe with a 300wm. They are well built. internal volume is the only way to reduce noise, so a larger can will be quieter.

BoilerMakerME

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Agreed on the accuracy part, the wipe is removable. You can omit it and run Super's no wipe, good accuracy. Run sub with a wipe, ultimate sound suppression. They are nice cans, and very quiet for their size.

Sheepdog103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2019
    Fishers
    I think all cans are hollow point safe. No one should be using wipes anymore since the atf said that replacements are suppressor parts and can only be replaced by an FFL. I believe Witt rates their 30 cal can as bearing safe with a 300wm. They are well built. internal volume is the only way to reduce noise, so a larger can will be quieter.

Every wipe replacement is an FFL? OUCH.

Top Bottom