• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I filed for I think four of them. Have two completed. I piled on right before the change to trusts took place.

It is fun building them. I had access to a machine shop which made it all the better. I am sure mine are not as quiet as store bought but they are cheaper and again... it was fun building them.

I did send one for a re-core to a guy in Texas. That helped a little as his internals were better than mine at the time.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Been a while since I delved into any of it. Some really smart people around.

Just be sure that you follow all the rules and such. Ne need to get hemmed up with the feds. There are a few companies that specialize in F1 can parts. Most are just machine shops who have an interest. If you have the time and tooling you can save some money.

Learn what you can before you start buying stuff. I have some non can parts that I got a bit earlier than I should have as I decided to go a different route with my builds.

Learned a lot from sites like these:

Home | Form 1 Suppressor

https://https://form1suppressors.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I bought my tube and endcap from diversified machine it is their asr tube its threaded 1 3/8x24 so I can use Dead Air's omega mount. The baffles I bought from totality industries 2 stainless steel 5 titanium. I'd post a picture but it never works for me.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I bought my tube and endcap from diversified machine it is their asr tube its threaded 1 3/8x24 so I can use Dead Air's omega mount. The baffles I bought from totality industries 2 stainless steel 5 titanium. I'd post a picture but it never works for me.
    Totality is out of business, also a couple of other companies (can’t remember names for certain) were selling inferior grades of stainless and titanium as better material.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I had no idea about totality. Rookie I'll try that link sometime thanks for the info. Blacknwhite diversified has kits that come with everything you need just file the form 1 and then drill the holes.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've done two form 1 "caveman" style d-i-y suppressors. The entire build is documented here under a thread that I started (I'll find it later). I used tubes from a couple of places, both still in business. I used pressed freeze plugs, mild steel & stainless, from local & online sellers. I have a die set to squish those plugs into a cone shape. Once you get your ATF approval, drill the holes and drop them into the tube with some strategically placed spacers.

Here's a video. Listen to the 4 shots then the hammer falling click.
    [video=youtube_share;rUwVhnejekE]http://youtu.be/rUwVhnejekE[/video]

Squishing freeze plugs:
    [video=youtube_share;x-d3wQuvhww]http://youtu.be/x-d3wQuvhww[/video]

Last edited:

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I've done two form 1 "caveman" style d-i-y suppressors. The entire build is documented here under a thread that I started (I'll find it later). I used tubes from a couple of places, both still in business. I used pressed freeze plugs, mild steel & stainless, from local & online sellers. I have a die set to squish those plugs into a cone shape. Once you get your ATF approval, drill the holes and drop them into the tube with some strategically placed spacers.

Here's a video. Listen to the 4 shots then the hammer falling click.
    [video=youtube_share;rUwVhnejekE]http://youtu.be/rUwVhnejekE[/video]

Squishing freeze plugs:
    [video=youtube_share;x-d3wQuvhww]http://youtu.be/x-d3wQuvhww[/video]
    Freeze plugs (in my experience) yield such a lesser result compared to getting cones/spacers from a solvent trap company and going that way. No mesting of one plug into the other, more resilient, known alloys, heat treatable, just a better overall package; more costly, but worth it IMHO

gds

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Lawrencburg
    https//:quietbore.com has a .22 kit for $150 , a 9mm kit for $250 . All you have to do is drill the baffels and end cap .They also sell the guide for getting the baffles drilled perfectly centered . When you get you F1 aproved , the first thing you have to do is have your tube engraved then you can drill your baffels .

blacknwhite

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2016
    southwest
    I read somewhere about the DHS and ATF basically intercepting parts like this and sending out letters to people. What's to keep them from doing the same if I file a form 1, get it back, and then order the parts?

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I got all my stuff, but it was a while back.

I think some sites are sending out completed kits, with holes and such already in place. That would get you in trouble. Same thing with the fuel filters. But if you have a legit reason to purchase and they stop it I would think you could hound them.

blacknwhite

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2016
    southwest
    Just trying to do a little more research. I'm thinking or maybe building a couple rimfires but I want to be square on everything. Paying the $400 in taxes and then not being able to get my $300 to $600 worth of parts would suck. The attraction is the lower wait times.

gds

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Lawrencburg
    If you can legally purchase a handgun you can purchase or build a suppressor . UNLESS you live in a state or city that prohibits them. Order your parts or kit then efile your F1 . When that is approved have your tube engraved then you can drill your baffles and end cap . The kit made by Quietbore is as quiet as any thing out there and is an easy "first time " build . Especially with their drill guides .

Last edited:
    Top Bottom