Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DIY Supressor

User Info Menu

DIY Supressor

Anybody do the DIY thing via the ATF Form 1?

Plinker

User Info Menu

Yeah I e-filed a form one last year only took 11 days.

User Info Menu

I filed for I think four of them. Have two completed. I piled on right before the change to trusts took place.

It is fun building them. I had access to a machine shop which made it all the better. I am sure mine are not as quiet as store bought but they are cheaper and again... it was fun building them.

I did send one for a re-core to a guy in Texas. That helped a little as his internals were better than mine at the time.

User Info Menu

what did you use for a kit?

User Info Menu

Been a while since I delved into any of it. Some really smart people around.

Just be sure that you follow all the rules and such. Ne need to get hemmed up with the feds. There are a few companies that specialize in F1 can parts. Most are just machine shops who have an interest. If you have the time and tooling you can save some money.

Learn what you can before you start buying stuff. I have some non can parts that I got a bit earlier than I should have as I decided to go a different route with my builds.

Learned a lot from sites like these:

Home | Form 1 Suppressor

https://https://form1suppressors.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4

Plinker

User Info Menu

I bought my tube and endcap from diversified machine it is their asr tube its threaded 1 3/8x24 so I can use Dead Air's omega mount. The baffles I bought from totality industries 2 stainless steel 5 titanium. I'd post a picture but it never works for me.

User Info Menu

Postimages.org is very easy to use. Download pic, select hotlink for forums, paste.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BR8818 View Post
    I bought my tube and endcap from diversified machine it is their asr tube its threaded 1 3/8x24 so I can use Dead Air's omega mount. The baffles I bought from totality industries 2 stainless steel 5 titanium. I'd post a picture but it never works for me.
    Totality is out of business, also a couple of other companies (canít remember names for certain) were selling inferior grades of stainless and titanium as better material.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I'm really interested in this process for a rimfire suppressor. It seems like the biggest problem is sourcing the parts.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I had no idea about totality. Rookie I'll try that link sometime thanks for the info. Blacknwhite diversified has kits that come with everything you need just file the form 1 and then drill the holes.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast