Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

I wouldn't want a serviceable rifle can. It'd just make it heavier and not as strong. You really don't need to clean them, shooting supers through them is all that's needed to keep them going. Just don't pump rimfire or lead projectiles through them and you'll be fine. Even pistols cans don't really need cleaned. Rimfire is about it.

User Info Menu

I wouldn't recommend investing in the SRD can unless you get one for stupid cheap like I did. The QD mount supply has been slim to none here lately, especially the 762 1/2-28 mounts. I think these cans have been out for quite some time now. Nyle was right about the new cans, I got an email yesterday from Sig with their new 2020 catalog and they have revamped their rifle and pistol caliber suppressors. All new suppressors and all new mounts.

That being said, I am more than happy with my SRD762ti-QD suppressor and have more mounts than I probably need, so if I run across another crazy good deal on a 2nd one I'll probably get it. I have not experienced any accuracy issues like previously mentioned, but that's just my experience and YMMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    I was just thinking about what the slang term they call artillery men.
    It's Cannon Cocker. . .and wondered if Carlos qualified?
    Carlos the Cannon Cocker has such a nice alliterative ring to it.

M67

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T-DOGG View Post
    I wouldn't recommend investing in the SRD can unless you get one for stupid cheap like I did. The QD mount supply has been slim to none here lately, especially the 762 1/2-28 mounts. I think these cans have been out for quite some time now. Nyle was right about the new cans, I got an email yesterday from Sig with their new 2020 catalog and they have revamped their rifle and pistol caliber suppressors. All new suppressors and all new mounts.

That being said, I am more than happy with my SRD762ti-QD suppressor and have more mounts than I probably need, so if I run across another crazy good deal on a 2nd one I'll probably get it. I have not experienced any accuracy issues like previously mentioned, but that's just my experience and YMMV.
    Silencerco ASR mounts have been hit or miss for the past few months now, have a lot of friends running .338 5/8x24 on .30 cal rifles and 9mm 1/2x28 on 5.56 cause trying to find the "correct" pairing has been impossible the past few months....and the ASR mount isn't going any where. Sometimes mounts just dry up for a little bit (Gemtech bi lock and some cheaper AAC 51T mounts come to mind too)

I bet Sig will continue to make those mounts or at least for a while so a good supply will be available. I have a couple Silencerco Sakers and Silencerco flat out said they don't plan on making any more Saker mounts so what's out there is out there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2