Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Sig 7.62 Suppressor - are all rifle calibers sealed?

Held one at the 1500... really liked it. Not pretty, but light and seems functional. Reviews?

Also wondering if there are more user serviceable rifle calibers? Talking with the guy, he said higher cartridge suppressors are typically sealed as they have to take more recoil... on one hand that seems a pain to clean, but on the other I had never considered one coming loose... but with shooting .300 BLK supersonic it would put some energy into the can for sure. How hard are those things to truly clean? Do they get heavy?

User Info Menu

Look up the SilencerCo Hybrid. It will handle most rifle calibers and can be cleaned.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Jagee makes Beetlejuice look like a *****!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jagee View Post
    Look up the SilencerCo Hybrid. It will handle most rifle calibers and can be cleaned.
    The Hybrid is not user serviceable. But technically yes it can he cleaned. All sealed suppressors could be cleaned with ultra sonic. The manufacturer could clean it and put a fresh coat of paint or cerakote on it

User Info Menu

Griffin Optimus is another that can be taken apart and cleaned. I took mine apart after about 1000 rounds and it wasn't really worth the effort.

M67

User Info Menu

User serviceable is highly overrated for a center fire rifle can. No idea why people focus on it. Unless youíre running it on a machine gun or shooting lead bullets thereís nothing really inside to clean outside of carbon but most will never shoot it enough for the carbon to become an issue. Keep the QD system clean and just shoot

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by M67 View Post
    User serviceable is highly overrated for a center fire rifle can. No idea why people focus on it. Unless youíre running it on a machine gun or shooting lead bullets thereís nothing really inside to clean outside of carbon but most will never shoot it enough for the carbon to become an issue. Keep the QD system clean and just shoot
    What he said.

Another advantage of the Sig system: Tubeless design. So if there's a mishap / baffle strike - all that's needed to repair it is to chop off the damaged bits and re-weld new baffles onto it. Done by Sig, of course. There's no outter tube to be destroyed - which means the whole can is now useless. On Sig cans, the serial # is etched into the exterior of the blast baffle - highly unlikely to sustain a baffle strike. I do not believe Sig is the only one doing this, either.

And you can get Sig cans in either direct-thread or QD.

User Info Menu

Another thing to note about Sig suppressors. They are revamping their entire line on suppressors and going to 3D printing with new taper mounts. And my understanding they will not be backwards compatible. Might be a good idea to see how much support you'll have with the older suppressors now.

User Info Menu

User serviceable is not necessary. Quality center fire cans should be good for 50,000+ rounds. If you can afford the ammo, you can afford a new can.

Tubeless is good, less weight is better.

My Sig SRD7.62TI has been great. But I also havenít seen any huge advantage over some less expensive cans (YHM Resonator), although my Sig can has ridden on some rifles producing dang awesome accuracy. Not sure if cheaper cans can do that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by theweakerbrother View Post
    Freedom is dangerous and I prefer it that way.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NyleRN View Post
    Another thing to note about Sig suppressors. They are revamping their entire line on suppressors and going to 3D printing with new taper mounts. And my understanding they will not be backwards compatible. Might be a good idea to see how much support you'll have with the older suppressors now.
    That is not what I'd like to hear...

User Info Menu

Id stay away from sig cans based on their known accuracy issues. Lots of threads and discussions on them opening groups by an inch or more on prs sites and pages.

Sealed cans are the preferred centerfire can. It takes millions of slow for rounds to fill one up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast