Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

5.56 Suppressor Suggestions.

This years tax return is going straight to a suppressor , host will be a 10in 5.56 AR Pistol. I am asking for suggestions, price range is $500-$800 on the suppressor itself. I've read that a 30 cal can will work with 5.56 however in your opinions is it better to go with a sole 5.56 rated can for the best sound reduction ? I'm hoping to keep the overall length as short as possible shooting for a 4-6 in can if that factors in. Also this is my first class 3.

User Info Menu

If sound suppression and length is the ultimate goal then stick with 556 can. But since 556 is incredibly loud anyways and you're putting it on a 10.5, then you won't be losing much by going 30 cal. You'll have less back pressure with a 30 cal. I suggest the Turbo T2 or Resonator R2. Cost to value ratio is very good with those 2 cans. I have a Sico ASR saker 556k and it suppresses my 11.5 VERY well for it's size, but it can get gassy in a hurry when you start to bear down on the trigger. The adjustable gas block does help quite a bit.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I'd second a Turbo T2 is a great can, pair it with a Superlative Arms gas block. Great combo.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Watched a review on the Turbo T2, I am liking it just from that video. Will certainly do more research on it as I've always liked YHM. Appreciate the suggestion!

Plinker

User Info Menu

Check out the new R9 and N20 cans also from YHM. They would be able to be used on 9mm in addition to 5.56 and 308.

User Info Menu

I have a silencerco 30 cal omega that i transfer around on most of my rifles. I shoot it on a 5.56, 6.5CM, and .308. It performs very well, and overall i am very happy with silencerco. I liked them so much i have an omega 9k in jail...

I would suggest the 30 cal vs dedicated 5.56 if you have any plans for any other use besides 5.56. If you only have a rifle chambered in 5.56 or lower, then youd be fine with the 5.56. My buddy has a huntertown arms dedicated 5.56 and my 30 cal silencerco omega is quieter.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have a Yankee Hill 5.56 on my 16 inch Colt M4 and it is absolutley fantastic. The sound reduction is approx 35db and it is very comfortable to shoot without hearing protection outdoors. It doesnt add much weight to the end of the weapon and it is right in the $500 dollar mark
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
    Check out the new R9 and N20 cans also from YHM. They would be able to be used on 9mm in addition to 5.56 and 308.
    These will not be available till at least June/July. I'm in for 2 of those R9s.

User Info Menu

If size matters I don't think you can beat a Witt machine canooter. On my 11.5 shooting 556 it's as quiet as a 17hmr. It is small

User Info Menu

Don't mean to threadjack, but I'm also looking to supress my AR. Mine is just a standard 16 inch carbine though, nothing special. My question is will i need an adjustable gas block to run a suppressor? I do plan on going with a 30 Cal can.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast