• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I find myself stuck with a Huntertown Guardian 9 with an aging 1/2x28 Nielsen adapter, a fixed 1/2x28 and 5/8x24 and no real chance to pick up new ones, let alone 13.5x1 LH, which would fit my new USP 9.

So, anyone have any luck with getting orphaned/abandoned old suppressors rebuilt to keep them current?

The Guardian 9 is 1.25" in diameter, so that removes a lot of possible mounting options, like SiCo Octane and Deadair cans.

Upgrading the baffles is fine too, especially if it is needed by the mounting system.

Granted, I can just ditch the can and get a new one, but then I'm looking at $500+ on top of another $200 tax stamp and a ridiculous wait. If I could get this one rebuilt for under a couple hundred bucks, I'm doing pretty well.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I need to see about sending my YHM Phantom back for a tune up. Luckily they’re still in business.

Good luck Beowulf

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Thanks. I'm talking to one shop, but if they decide to pass, I'll hit up Ecco Machine and see what they can do.

I wonder if they can make my boat anchor... I mean Huntertown Kestrel 556 worth anything?

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Thanks. I'm talking to one shop, but if they decide to pass, I'll hit up Ecco Machine and see what they can do.

I wonder if they can make my boat anchor... I mean Huntertown Kestrel 556 worth anything?

If you find anything out about your kestrel, let me know!

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    I just sent an old can to Ecco this week will post updates when I get it back, it was an old cobra m2 9mm it sounded terrible by today’s standards. It’s getting new k baffles and a sdta boaster verse the old style yhm. And shortened a half inch.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    If you find anything out about your kestrel, let me know!

So I just finished some back and forth with Ecco, talking to Jerrica. They are super nice folks to deal with. After talking through some options for the Kestrel, here is what we came up with:

• Upgrade to the YHM mounting system (Omega pattern)
    • Upgrade to a 6 baffle welded tubeless recore
    • Refinish of suppressor to my choice of color (SOCOM black, satin black, gloss black, grey-black Colt flat, Coyote brown, flat brown, OD green & tan FDE)

Total estimate is $455 with a 6 to 8 week turnaround (based on current business levels, that obviously will go up or down as time goes on).

Seems reasonable to me, to basically turn it it into a brand new, modern suppressor. That's inline with, say, a YHM Turbo T2, and saving the additional $200 stamp.

I've got it in my gun finances queue, but it's a bit behind a few other things, so if someone else takes the plunge first, be sure to report back.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    So I just finished some back and forth with Ecco, talking to Jerrica. They are super nice folks to deal with. After talking through some options for the Kestrel, here is what we came up with:

• Upgrade to the YHM mounting system (Omega pattern)
    • Upgrade to a 6 baffle welded tubeless recore
    • Refinish of suppressor to my choice of color (SOCOM black, satin black, gloss black, grey-black Colt flat, Coyote brown, flat brown, OD green & tan FDE)

Total estimate is $455 with a 6 to 8 week turnaround (based on current business levels, that obviously will go up or down as time goes on).

Seems reasonable to me, to basically turn it it into a brand new, modern suppressor. That's inline with, say, a YHM Turbo T2, and saving the additional $200 stamp.

I've got it in my gun finances queue, but it's a bit behind a few other things, so if someone else takes the plunge first, be sure to report back.

Thanks for the reply! Its very tempting. With the baffles welded for a scoreless system, it should help with the catastrophic failures some would have. Did they say what material the baffles would be made out of? I've been chatting with them about a 9mm can. Nice people for sure!

bos-94-003

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Marion
    I had curtistactical make new baffles for my guardian 9 a year or so ago, aluminum baffles were pitting real bad. New ones are all stainless and supposed to be quieter but i havent shot it sence it was recored.

Top Bottom