• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Yeah. You read that right. Silencer Central, www.silencercentral.com , will ship your ATF approved can right to your door. Not sure of all of the specifics, but the have a FFL in all 42 states that cans are legal. ATF legal too (so I'm told).

This could be interesting.

Video about it starts at the 9:18 mark.
    [video=youtube_share;NILyUJyh-d4]http://youtu.be/NILyUJyh-d4[/video]

Their site also says free law-a-way or (pay as you wait as they call it. Only 25% down). Free trusts too.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    For me, this simplifies the process enough that I might consider a suppressor.

However, I wonder how they are accomplishing this without perturbing the alphabet boys. It's sad that perturbing the alphabet boys needs to even be considered, but that is what we are stuck with until enough gun owners vote in people who vote otherwise.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i doubt the batfe will allow this to happen very long, considering the process to purchase a suppressor is so much more than purchasing a firearm, (fingerprints, batfe approval, cleo notification) why allow suppressors to be shipped to your house and not firearms?

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I'm new around these parts but I know the guy who started Silencer Central, formerly known as Dakota Silencer. He knows his stuff. He's been to the ATF headquarters and was invited to the White House as well to discuss a lot of NFA issues. He also started FFL123 that's helped a lot of people get their FFL licenses. It's a legit and well respected company. The name change from DS to SC sort of signified their intent to go national. They originally started in a handful of states and now have direct to door shipping on all 42 allowed states.
    https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/articles/2020/6/4/why-suppressors-are-the-future/

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    For me, this simplifies the process enough that I might consider a suppressor.

However, I wonder how they are accomplishing this without perturbing the alphabet boys. It's sad that perturbing the alphabet boys needs to even be considered, but that is what we are stuck with until enough gun owners vote in people who vote otherwise.

Seems easy enough since in and of itself it is not a dangerous object.

As long as the proper forms are filled out and fingerprints obtained, and i's dotted and t's crossed, etc. how is this bad? Because it isnt sitting in the vault at your LGS? Seems simple enough. Go to your LGS and order it. LGS gets their cut for doing the paperwork. Instead of the LGS receiving the item and waiting for approval, Silencerco waits for it and then overnights it (adult signature required of course) to your door. And at least one of the private carriers has an option for only the addressee to sign for the package (dont recall which) so no worry of it falling into the hands of a spouse, neighbor, coworker, etc.

Am I missing a problem? (probably, because alphabet agencies dont usually think in rational terms)

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I bought Dakota Silencer's 22 Suppressor when they only had direct to door shipping for all the states contiguous with South Dakota so I had to receive mine the old fashioned way through a Class III dealer. In the past year they added Florida, then NC, then it snowballed quickly to all 42 legal states. I'm now contemplating a multi cal purchase

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I bought one through them and it was slicker than snot. I lived in Iowa at the time and it came right to the door. They had a booth at the gun show and you could do the forms and prints at the booth and then many moons later, the can arrived to the door. I liked it. Wasn't the cheapest option, but the service was great.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2020/9/22/silencer-central-suppressor-buying-simplified/

Silencer Central Featured in American Rifleman this month: excerpt regarding to how buying through SC works, it's a long article.

Now, for comparison, here’s the difference that Silencer Central makes: First, you call the company and discuss suppressor options with a sales associate until you decide on the right model. This employee takes your information and enters it into the system. You can also buy directly online.

Company software creates personalized ATF paperwork for you, and a state-specific gun trust comes free with every suppressor purchased through Silencer Central. The paperwork is then sent to you, either digitally via DocuSign or by hardcopy through the mail, for your signature. Ink and a set of fingerprint cards is mailed to your residence, as are instructions on how to take a passport picture using your cell phone—so both of these steps can be accomplished from the privacy of your own home.

You then send the fingerprints and paperwork back to Silencer Central in a pre-addressed envelope supplied by the company, and email your photo to the sales associate. Once received, your fingerprints and photographs are scanned into the system and saved for use with future purchases—so you’ll never need to repeat those steps—and you are notified by email (and SMS) that your packet has been received. Prior to submittal, your completed paperwork is reviewed by Silencer Central’s compliance team, and then emailed to you, along with your NFA gun trust.
    Silencer Central then submits your application and notifies state law enforcement of the transfer for you, and not only provides monthly updates on your status, but also ATF’s email address and phone number so you can check on the progress of your application yourself. If approval takes longer than is the current norm, the system flags it and a representative contacts ATF for an explanation.

Once approval has been received, you are notified, and final documentation is sent for your signature—upon receipt of which your suppressor is shipped straight to your front door. So well-oiled is the procedure that—once the company has your fingerprints and picture on file—the staff can often submit a packet on the same day that the customer places the order. And while having an email address and/or a camera-capable cell phone will certainly help accelerate the process, neither is necessary to complete a Silencer Central order.

Top Bottom