Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1
    Plinker Lilboog82's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    OSS vs baffle can for DI AR-15

    Thinking about getting a can for my DI AR-15, so my question is OSS flow thru suppressor better (less back pressure/ blowback gas in the face) than a baffled can? I have no bolt rifle so thatís not in the equation nor is cost for argument sakes. Is the OSS just as good as baffled? If I go baffled Route, do I need to get adjustable gas block? Also, if baffled Route which would be the best for the DI AR-15? Thanks for any and all input.
    You canít fix stupid

  2. #2
    Master NyleRN's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Just buy a Dead Air Sandman S. It'll sound MUCH better than an OSS, cost less, have a better mounting system and weigh less. OSS have their place. On a Tavor, that's about it. The Sandman is a low back pressure baffle stack made of stellite. I always recommend an AGB so you can tune the exact amount of gas needed. No more no less.

  3. #3
    Plinker Lilboog82's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Cool, thanks
    You canít fix stupid

  4. #4
    Expert STFU's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NyleRN View Post
    Just buy a Dead Air Sandman S. It'll sound MUCH better than an OSS, cost less, have a better mounting system and weigh less. OSS have their place. On a Tavor, that's about it. The Sandman is a low back pressure baffle stack made of stellite. I always recommend an AGB so you can tune the exact amount of gas needed. No more no less.
    That is just plain FUD. If you have not shot with an OSS then you don't know. Period. All you have to do is go look at what most people are saying on YouTube.

    And yep I have one on my Tavor SAR, but I also have one on my 300BLK pistol for a reason. It just frickin' works. No adjustable gas blocks, no screwing around with different buffer weights, no fiddling with anything. I switch from subs to supers and do nothing special...EVER. I have even run mixed magazines that contain both subs and supers. Not a single issue, no FTF, no FTE, and no face full of crap (gasses coming back down the barrel at me).

    My Tavor SAR:
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/c...ml#post8234344

    My 300BLK:
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/c...ml#post8234371

    Call me a fan boy all you want, I have five cans. One of the three rifle cans is a Form one, and the other two rifle cans are OSS. There's a reason for that.
    Last edited by STFU; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:37.
    Stamp collecting is fun!

  5. #5
    Grandmaster patience0830's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    OSS, from what I've heard, has had some bad luck with the operators community. My contact at Crane said that the phrase, "parts fell out like Chiclets" was used in reference to an OSS suppressor that had undergone full auto testing. This was a couple of years ago though so things may have changed/improved but I'd need to see some independent testing to trust them on a high volume centerfire. The rimfire suppressor they make looks interesting though.
    Last edited by patience0830; 2 Weeks Ago at 20:47.
    Parkerizing lollipops since 1973.

  6. #6
    Master NyleRN's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by STFU View Post
    That is just plain FUD. If you have not shot with an OSS then you don't know. Period. All you have to do is go look at what most people are saying on YouTube.

    And yep I have one on my Tavor SAR, but I also have one on my 300BLK pistol for a reason. It just frickin' works. No adjustable gas blocks, no screwing around with different buffer weights, no fiddling with anything. I switch from subs to supers and do nothing special...EVER. I have even run mixed magazines that contain both subs and supers. Not a single issue, no FTF, no FTE, and no face full of crap (gasses coming back down the barrel at me).

    My Tavor SAR:
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/c...ml#post8234344

    My 300BLK:
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/c...ml#post8234371

    Call me a fan boy all you want, I have five cans. One of the three rifle cans is a Form one, and the other two rifle cans are OSS. There's a reason for that.
    Nothing FUDD about it. You mad bro? Lol, Can you show me where anyone has tested an OSS suppressor using a mil standard meter and testing protocol? I'll wait. And no, the one MAC did is NOT a mil standard test cause he uses a larson davis meter. Quit using your fanbois-ism and emotions to push a product. You know that there are actually suppressors out there that have extremely low back pressure AND db less than OSS?

  7. #7
    Expert STFU's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NyleRN View Post
    Nothing FUDD about it. You mad bro? Lol, Can you show me where anyone has tested an OSS suppressor using a mil standard meter and testing protocol? I'll wait. And no, the one MAC did is NOT a mil standard test cause he uses a larson davis meter. Quit using your fanbois-ism and emotions to push a product. You know that there are actually suppressors out there that have extremely low back pressure AND db less than OSS?
    First: Learn to search for what you do not understand instead of making assumptions. EG: FUD = Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt. FUDD = Elmer. Not the same.
    (https://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+FUDhttps://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+FUD)

    Second: I absolutely don't care about mil spec testing. And yes, there are manufacturers that claim their suppressors are the quietest. That is called marketing. It is to be expected.
    Hell, my Form 1 can on my Ruger American Ranch is much quieter. But I only had to run it once on my 300BLK pistol to know it was a no-go. (https://youtu.be/dbq5-fjODNs?list=PL...xYBOpEjRtDAfYU)

    Third: I only care about three things with suppressors:
    1. How much blow-back is in my face
    2. Not having to fiddle with adjustable gas blocks and all of the other scheisse that is needed with baffled suppressors
    3. How quiet loud is the report at MY EAR (not 1m to the left at the muzzle).

    Yep, in that order.

    Fourth: As for your comments regarding MAC and his testing, wrong again. He is actually using a B&K meter (https://www.bksv.com/en/products/sou...bration-meters), calls it out as a B&K meter in the video, and even does the Mil-Spec testing that you are whining about: https://youtu.be/cY1r5a_SZBc?t=864
    Next I suppose you will be telling me that B&K meters are crap? Again, do your homework.

    Again, say OSS fan boy all you want (and spell it the right way...unless you are trying to impress the 16 year olds reading this). In fact I so much as admitted up front that I am a biased fan of the products. It should surprise no one reading this. Not sure how you missed it. I can only speak from my experience with the OSS products (And my SiCo cans as well). Can you? Be specific. Which ones? What caliber? On what platform?

    Tell you what I'll do for you. The next time I am back home (I work in DC and we are still in lock-down), I will meet you at a range and let you try it for yourself.
    Let me know if you want to experience them first hand.

    Adding one more: https://youtu.be/WiIxf2oS270?t=129
    Last edited by STFU; 2 Weeks Ago at 20:17.
    Stamp collecting is fun!

  8. #8
    Grandmaster Fargo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    This thread seems slightly more confrontational than it needs to be for a matter of opinion.

  9. #9
    Expert STFU's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    This thread seems slightly more confrontational than it needs to be for a matter of opinion.
    Defensive? Who's being defensive? I'm not being defensive, dammit.

    Stamp collecting is fun!

  10. #10
    Master NyleRN's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    There's some inaccurate statements in your wall of text but there's no talking to you when you admit you can't fairly compare different products because of your biases.

    OP, Here's the only OSS can that was metered properly with the latest BK pulse. You can see the only thing it was better than was an old school N6. Also, pay attention to the ejection of the cases with each can. You'll notice others have the same 3 o'clock pattern as the OSS.
    https://youtu.be/V_8yA474RDk

    Take time and read these OP. Many of the guys posting in these threads were buying and shooting cans for 20 years and some posts are from suppressor engineers and designers from AAC, CGS Group, Dead Air, etc. They actually know what they're talking about. If you want real info on suppressors, then go to this forum and read all night. INGO doesn't possess the suppressor knowledge compared to these guys.
    https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Oss/20-508581/

    https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/O...ice/20-503089/

    STFU, you busted me. I'm just an ol internet scab. Troll if you will. I don't even own any guns anymore


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge