• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AirplaneGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Hi there. So I'm trying to get a form 1 for an AR pistol into an SBR. This is the first one I've ever filled out and I'm running into headaches even with Google's help.

In the paper form and online, it needs a fingerprint card. Most places are closed so I got the form and printed myself but is that enough? I keep reading conflicting answers from this year dating back 10 years. The closest place I can find while searching is a post office in Kentucky, but didn't spend too much brain power looking.

And the CLEO notification. If I'm Marion county is that the sheriff or IMPD?

Any advice is great, or if there's a shop that'll do the paperwork I'll go that route too

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    It's fine to fingerprint yourself. The atf will send you cards or you can order them from the government printing office. Fill out only the basic identifying info.

Cleo, if your a county resident then Sheriff, if your inside city then chief.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think Bobcat Armament in Shelbyville just got one of the fingerprinting kiosks. (Silencerco?) They mentioned in the announcement they could also do fingerprinting for other stuff as well. Maybe reach out to them?

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I think Bobcat Armament in Shelbyville just got one of the fingerprinting kiosks. (Silencerco?) They mentioned in the announcement they could also do fingerprinting for other stuff as well. Maybe reach out to them?

The kiosk is owned by Silencer Shop. It can take digital fingerprints and upload them to your account. That would only be good for a paper form of form 1. SS doesn't do eform 1 anymore. When doing and eform 1 you have to go to the ATF wesite and fill it out and upload your trust and passport sized photo. Then they will email you and you'll print out the confirmation and put that with your prints and sent it in to the ATF.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I used one once, paid the fees at the shop, then thru SilencerShop themselves, it was cheaper and a lot easier to roll my prints myself, and I’ve seen ATF approve some really bad print cards, make a decent job of it and they’ll be approved

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    In the last two years, I've done five Forms 4 on my NFA trust. I've done my own fingerprints on 4 of those. Cards from the .gov, ink pad from Michael's or Hobby Lobby or something like that.

And I know of a certain shop in the Greenwood area who'll greatly assist you in doing them if you buy an item from them.

Isn't rocket surgery. Seriously. If *I* can do it, *you* can do it.

1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Hi there. So I'm trying to get a form 1 for an AR pistol into an SBR. This is the first one I've ever filled out and I'm running into headaches even with Google's help.

In the paper form and online, it needs a fingerprint card. Most places are closed so I got the form and printed myself but is that enough? I keep reading conflicting answers from this year dating back 10 years. The closest place I can find while searching is a post office in Kentucky, but didn't spend too much brain power looking.

And the CLEO notification. If I'm Marion county is that the sheriff or IMPD?

Any advice is great, or if there's a shop that'll do the paperwork I'll go that route too

Were in Hendricks and local pd did for us might’ve been ten bucks. Have extras if you want/still need on card stock don’t think it’s required though.

Top Bottom