• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've got a Gemtech Blackside and when used on pistols I'm really not all that impressed. I've wondering what other calibers I can use this on and I haven't been able to find any details on the website. I'm guessing a 22lr would be fine and not damage the can, but what about a 300 blackout? Any information would be great.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I've got a Gemtech Blackside and when used on pistols I'm really not all that impressed. I've wondering what other calibers I can use this on and I haven't been able to find any details on the website. I'm guessing a 22lr would be fine and not damage the can, but what about a 300 blackout? Any information would be great.

Why don't you look at the literature that came with the can or call gemtech?

Real good chance you'll get the right info that way. Not so much asking all the doofi( plural of doofus) on the interwebz.:rolleyes:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Why don't you look at the literature that came with the can or call gemtech?

Real good chance you'll get the right info that way. Not so much asking all the doofi( plural of doofus) on the interwebz.:rolleyes:

I've read through the published PDF on their website and didn't come up with anything. Next best thing I could of was to ask online figuring I wasn't the only guy to have bought one.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Phone call to the mfr would be my next step..

Speculating that 300 BO subsonic might be safe, 9mm would definitely be ok.. but I'd want assurance from the folks that built it.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've emailed them. I've got my fingers crossed, but I just want to know for sure before screwing that thing on something that'll blow it up.

Top Bottom