• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    I have an AR9 with a Silencerco ASR flash hider, and was wondering if any other brands of silencers are compatible with ASR adapters. Either able to go onto the ARS mount itself or able to go straight on the flash hider with the ASR threads. Looking to find a good suppressor without having to shell out Silencerco prices.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Everything with the standard "Omega" thread pitch can take an ASR mount. This would include the Dead Air Nomad, EA VoxS&K, YHM T2, T2k, and R2, Torrent Orthrus, and Rex Silentium. As far as 9mm silencers cheaper than Silencerco, I think your only two options are Rex Silentium MG7 .358 and YHM R9. The R9 wont be released until August, and you wont be able to get one until October if you aren't already on a waiting list. A few Form 1 suppliers make tubes with ASR mounts or Omega threads if you want to go that route.

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    Everything with the standard "Omega" thread pitch can take an ASR mount. This would include the Dead Air Nomad, EA VoxS&K, YHM T2, T2k, and R2, Torrent Orthrus, and Rex Silentium. As far as 9mm silencers cheaper than Silencerco, I think your only two options are Rex Silentium MG7 .358 and YHM R9. The R9 wont be released until August, and you wont be able to get one until October if you aren't already on a waiting list. A few Form 1 suppliers make tubes with ASR mounts or Omega threads if you want to go that route.

Thank you for the info, I guess waiting is in my future then.

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    Did some more research with the given info, and feel free to correct me if I'm incorrect, it seems that the ASR Bravo mount (AC824) uses a 1 3/8-24, which is the thread pitch for the 2 suggestions mentioned above. I Have yet to find info on the thread pitch for the ASR Alpha mount (AC2632), as I am unaware if they are different from the Bravo. It seems that they might be, considering between the Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie (AC622), they each only accept certain cans. But it seems if I were to purchase one of the 2 cans suggested, the ASR Bravo would be the mount to get.

If anyone else has relevant info about thread pitches feel free to share for someone who might be looking for the same information in the future.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    The alpha and charlie thread pitches are different. The Griffin and Rugged pistol cans use the Silencerco Alpha thread pitch, but they both cost more than Silencerco, so I didn't mention them. The only 9mm charlie mount can is the new Silencerco Omega 36M. I dont really see Silencerco cans as expensive unless you are good at machining and can do your own Form 1s. Most Silencerco cans have at least some stellite or inconel which you wont find in budget silencers except for YHM.

Top Bottom