• ...and so much more!
  • swamptick

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Rochester
    It would sure be nice to walk into a shop, pick out a suppressor, go through your normal background check and leave with it the same day!!!
    I don't think that is too much to ask!!!:ranton:

Okay, back on track. I'm not sure if this would create shortages or if more companies would just ramp up production:dunno:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    There are PLENTY of european manufacturers who supply the gun shops / hardware stores in europe. I personally doubt that a US suppressor could compete with any of that based on price alone.

US suppressors are made to last a lifetime. Expensive materials and engineering. Lots of for-civilian-use suppressors in Europe do not have to last a lifetime because they're ubiquitous and over-the-counter items. They're almost consumable.

Now - Asian markets, I have no idea.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/nati...0200713-6xq5rn3igfhbjmdcyi6o5ceedm-story.html

NYT ran this hit piece on Mike Williams, the former ASA lobbyist and brother to the head of the ASA who they think made this happen. Rightfully so. Mike is a talented guy and he did a lot to help Iowa get suppressors pushed in 2016 and was a brilliant guy.

The NYT did nothing to cover other lobbyists in previous administration and they act like lobbyists are bad people.

Interesting read though if you don't stop to get frustrated at the clear bias.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    https://www.guns.com/news/2020/07/13/18-year-ban-on-exporting-american-made-suppressors-lifted

What do you think? In most foreign countries there is no 'tax stamp/waiting period' like we have. Will foreign demand for USA made suppressors create shortages for USA customers? I sure hope not!

The only way they spend money on our suppressors is if the prices come down based on volume of sales. Perhaps they want a "buy once, cry once" suppressor...I don't know. All I know for certain is that I can't afford one...

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I've seen people on forums from the UK laugh about how easy it is to buy a suppressor... but then they cry because what are they allowed to buy that they can use as a host?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom