• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Browsing through a magazine the other day I saw an ad for a company that claims to have ATF approval to sell a suppressor & ship it directly to you..
    how?? is this one of the loop holes like the bump triggers, where one guy says it is ok, then in a few months they claim everyone is a felon ?

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    https://www.silencercentral.com/blog/how-we-mail-your-silencer/

It appears you are still providing all the same paperwork (I'm sure that will include finger prints and photos) and losing time mailing things back and forth for them to make the submittal. Then you will wait the usual 7-9+ months for the NFA Stamp approval and then they will mail you the 4473 for you to fill out and mail back and if all goes well they can mail you the suppressor and stamp.

You could skip the time lost mailing forms back and forth by using Silencer Shop's Kiosk for finger prints, their phone app for the photos and picking up the can at your SS affiliated LGS.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    In the past year I have bought NFA items from paper file dealers, Gunbroker, local Silencer Shop dealer and an individual.

I would gladly pay extra to have them all ran through the Silencer Shop kiosk. Heck, I bought my last two cans through my local FFL without even leaving my desk.

Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I can't remember, once you're printed at the kiosk and take your photo do you need to do it all again when you buy another can? From your post, it sounds like you don't.

Your info is good for one year before you have to redo your prints and maybe photo. All the info is on their site.

I input my info once and have ordered 3 cans at different times.

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    With my luck, that would be the one day the porch pirates beat me to the front door. Then what?

No doubt they require a signature for delivery, but those always seem to happen on days I’m not home!

Top Bottom