Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Is it a pistol? AOW? SBR? Or illegal?

  1. #31
    Mickey Mantle Trigger Time's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by 1nderbeard View Post
    pay the $200 and get a legal sbr. Consider it a deposit toward your get out of a felony fund.
    I have legal sbr's.
    Sometimes you dont want an sbr you want a pistol
    "I anticipate with pleasing expectation that retreat in which I promise myself to realize, without alloy, the sweet enjoyment of partaking, in the midst of my fellow-citizens, the benign influence of good laws under a free government, the ever-favorite object of my heart, and the happy reward, as I trust, of our mutual cares, labors, and dangers."

  2. #32
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    I have legal sbr's.
    Sometimes you dont want an sbr you want a pistol
    More power to you. Comment mainly directed at people building homes in grey areas of the law that are seemingly closing.

  3. #33
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by 1nderbeard View Post
    pay the $200 and get a legal sbr. Consider it a deposit toward your get out of a felony fund.
    No offense, but I canít understand the notion of paying the feds to be on a watchlist. Makes no sense to me,never mind paying a tax for the right to own a firearm. The NFA sucks and the fact that gun owners have accepted it infuriates me.

  4. #34
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman78 View Post
    No offense, but I canít understand the notion of paying the feds to be on a watchlist. Makes no sense to me,never mind paying a tax for the right to own a firearm. The NFA sucks and the fact that gun owners have accepted it infuriates me.
    Regarding watchlists, you're on a watchlist if you even own a gun. What happens to the 4473s? If a gun store was audited by the NFA, they'd have to produce them. If the 2a is eliminated there will likely be some kind of 4473 round up, in addition to all the form1/form4 applicants.
    The government can know everything about you it wants to know. Everything you own is either on public record, or can be made known to any agent who has the tenacity to look. It takes about a week for the IRS to attach itself to all your bank accounts and car registrations. Even in cases where the taxpayer is clearly in the right it takes about 3 times as long to clear it up.

    Regarding the law, I don't accept the NFA but it's an enforceable law and unless I want to be a felon I must abide by it. The brace is a grey area of law, that if the recent past is any indication of the future, will be eliminated at some point.

    I'm libertarian, as is probably 90% of people here. I'm with you.

  5. #35
    Marksman SwikLS's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzmodicus View Post
    an infringement

  6. #36
    Grandmaster snorko's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by 1nderbeard View Post
    What happens to the 4473s? If a gun store was audited by the NFA, they'd have to produce them. If the 2a is eliminated there will likely be some kind of 4473 round up, in addition to all the form1/form4 applicants.
    Funny thing that. I picked up a new pistol from a dealer a week or so ago. That was my first time seeing the new 4473. They moved the firearm information from page 3 to page 1. So now So now it is a simple glance/scan to see both the buyer info and serial number, type, etc.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

    "I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

  7. #37
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by snorko View Post
    Funny thing that. I picked up a new pistol from a dealer a week or so ago. That was my first time seeing the new 4473. They moved the firearm information from page 3 to page 1. So now So now it is a simple glance/scan to see both the buyer info and serial number, type, etc.
    I read somewhere, maybe here, that the ATF actually visited someone in person because he/she bought too many firearms in a short enough period of time. They had triggered some audit, and agents actually showed up at the doorstep of the person.

  8. #38
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Couple scary updates to this:

    https://youtu.be/-5mHmiNfZLM

    https://youtu.be/q3g-5uJBZ4A

    Apparently the ATF wants to classifyany AR Pistol as an AOW, requiring a 5$ tax stamp to avoid a felony charge.

  9. #39
    INGO Homebrewer JettaKnight's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by 1nderbeard View Post
    Couple scary updates to this:

    https://youtu.be/-5mHmiNfZLM

    https://youtu.be/q3g-5uJBZ4A

    Apparently the ATF wants to classifyany AR Pistol as an AOW, requiring a 5$ tax stamp to avoid a felony charge.
    Here's the lawyer's letter those youtubers are talking about:
    https://comms.wiley.law/8/3583/octob...fxI-jWC_f-3wCA
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?
    Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    You would do well to avoid his "caramelized banana" trap offer.

  10. #40
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Basically a bunch of unelected career bureaucrats have conspired together to make felons of thousands of gun owners overnight with no oversight from any representative government. The deep state is real guys, and we've accepted power grabs for years.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •