Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is it a pistol? AOW? SBR? Or illegal?

User Info Menu

Is it a pistol? AOW? SBR? Or illegal?

Sig 239 9mm, Sig 229 9mm/.357,
    Sig 226 9mm W.G. x2, Sig 226 9mm Interarms,
    Sig 226 .40, Sig 226 .22 LR, Phoenix HP22LR

Plinker

User Info Menu

Pistol.

User Info Menu

x2
    " Molon Labe 3%'er " If I have to explain you wouldn't understand...

User Info Menu

Classified as UAF, Ugly As F.......
    "You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent"-Fundamentals of chess 1883

User Info Menu

Illegal. The front grip means that it is no longer designed to be fired with one hand, therefore no longer a pistol.
    The problems in America today are due to the people that work for a living now being outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Habib View Post
    Illegal. The front grip means that it is no longer designed to be fired with one hand, therefore no longer a pistol.
    I would disagree. The BATF has defined vertical grips as being at 90 degrees. All manner of angled foregrips are legal.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

User Info Menu

Thanks for the responses.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger_Ronin View Post
    Classified as UAF, Ugly As F.......
    🤣🤣🤣

Not trying to create a piece of art. Just wanting to make a quick-access "Kyle Rittenhouse" car gun. I have a Zenitco 2PS laser on the way from Russia. But my main question was about the forgrip. It's not a standard 90 degree foregrip, so does that change anything?or suddenly reclassify it, as is?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Habib View Post
    I disagree. Adding an arm brace and using it as a buttstock(which at this point is permissible with the ATF) does not suddenly turn the pistol into a rifle. So by the same token, holding a pistol with two hands does it make it NOT a pistol. It is not illegal to use any pistol with two hands nor does two handed operation magically reclassify as an AOW or something else. But if you want to cite some documentation I will be glad hear what you have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by snorko View Post
    All manner of angled foregrips are legal.
    This was my understanding but one never knows what phase of PMS the ATF may be feeling any given moment or day.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzmodicus View Post

Not trying to create a piece of art. Just wanting to make a quick-access "Kyle Rittenhouse" car gun. I have a Zenitco 2PS laser on the way from Russia. But my main question was about the forgrip. It's not a standard 90 degree foregrip, so does that change anything?or suddenly reclassify it, as is?
    See post #6, but I'm no expert.
    "You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent"-Fundamentals of chess 1883

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast