• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dave mc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    Richmond In
    Has anyone here done the SBR conversion on a Arsenal SLR106 UR OR THE LIKE?I would like to know the best way to go!I just ordered my gun and will file my SBR forms soon.Thanks. Dave

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I SBR'd a Nodak Yugo M92 Krink. You did it the right way, by buying one already configured with a krink type gas system you saved yourself a lot of hassles.

What exactly is your question about?

I would think after your Form 1 is returned it would be a pretty easy task. Lop the barrel, thread, attach a flash hider of choice (or suppressor!!) and engrave.

P.S. Welcome to INGO!!!! Glad to have you.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I think you also have to open the gas hole just a bit to offset the loss in gas pressure due to the shorter barrel. I vaguely remember that as being important from my days of researching the same thing.

dave mc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    Richmond In
    One thing is I cant get a answer on the flash hider.I dont know if you need to inlarge the bore on the cone type to change from 545x45 to 556 cal,or can it be used on any one of the 3 krink cal sizes?I have been told the 4 peice type come in 762x39 only but it will work on all 3 cal sizes?But k-var did not know about the cone type.I would think you could bore it to the correct size,but I would Like to know for sure!Dave

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I think you also have to open the gas hole just a bit to offset the loss in gas pressure due to the shorter barrel. I vaguely remember that as being important from my days of researching the same thing.

not on the 106, but you do on the 107 (7.62x39)

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    On the 107UR you will have to remove the gas block and open up the gas port. On the 106UR you just have to cut and re-crown the barrel. Very easy, it took me 5 minutes to do it.

Has anyone here done the SBR conversion on a Arsenal SLR106 UR OR THE LIKE?I would like to know the best way to go!I just ordered my gun and will file my SBR forms soon.Thanks. Dave

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    BO HA HA , Got to hold one last week !!!!!!!!!!

Last week on the way down to Atlanta , I stopped at a place in Christiana Tenn. I beleive the name of the place was Outdoor Armory . This place was so off the hook , I think I heard a dial tone .. They did not have any so called common guns in the place . Barretts out the ying yang , ACRs in every flavor . ARs , AKs in every configuration from pistol on up ! Didn't even bother looking at the hand guns . But I look hanging on the wall was a 106ur with the factory side folder . Then the evil sales person appouched me and said can I help you , I ask to see it , he handed it to me , he checked to see if I had an erection , which I did .
    He then say go ahead and unfold it , see how good it shoulders .
    At that point I knew he was pullin the old used car dealer trick ---YEA YEA GO AND TAKE IT OUT FOR A TEST DRIVE . BUT I WASN'T GOING TO FALL FOR IT . Needless to say it was sweet , racked the bolt it was like butter , trigger pull was smooth , everything on the gun was topnotch.
    Price $1599.00 plus tax stamp for factory sbr Krink .

I think I'll sell one of my worn out kidneys next wekk to get the ball rolling

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Outdoor Armory is a nice place, I always stop in there on my way down and back to Ft. Benning. I usually pick up some comp-tac stuff from them as they usually have a pretty complete selection. They do have a pretty varied inventory and decent prices on Wilsons, Browns, and Nighthawks too. It's right off the highway and worth the stop.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ummmmm not to burst your....... ahhhhh erection or anything ;) but you can buy a 106UR on Gunbroker for $850 -> $900 shipped. Then pay your $200 to Unkle, engrave your name, lop of the barrel and go to town. :)

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    slr106ur_sbr.htm

here we go------- never mind

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Another option if you're just looking for a short Ak would be a Draco +stamp +stock and it should cost you less than 6hun. I planning on doing that with mine with an ace folding stock similar to this only with an ace skeleton on the rear and an ultimak up front
    IMG_8273.jpg

Top Bottom