• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Rough value on this? It was originally purchased back in the '80s. Its in excellent shape and has an accompanying sheath. It also has a serial number.

rbe0d1.jpg

200bjw1.jpg

2ptz7yf.jpg

2rny5ud.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    For a user, the value is going to be in the $20 range.

For a collector, it will depend on condition and how badly a collector wants to complete his collection. The "real" Schrade no longer exists. Anything we see with the Schrade name on it is Taylor Cutlery who bought the rights to the name and trademarks after Schrade went belly-up a few years ago. So some people might want it to add to a collection, but the price will vary considerably.

I'm not sure why they serialized them. Maybe something to do with their warranty (which was a one year replacement, no questions asked, even if you lost it). A collector who wants that serial number might be interested. Finding that person? Another story!

They are a great using knife, by the way. They're one of the best of the Buck 110 clones and I carried one (and a similar Uncle Henry with a carbon steel blade) for a while back in the 1980s.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I have had a few LB7s taken in on trade over the years...If they are near mint, unused and unsharpened, I have been able to get $25-$30 for them. If you have the original box and paperwork that comes with it you might get $5 to $10 more to a collector.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    They are priced anywhere from very low up to very high one ebay...but the only ones getting bids are in the 15-20 buck range. I would say if you were offered anything $25 or above I would jump on it. Personally I would hang onto it, after all it isn't costing you anything to hang onto it and it's cheap to feed. The USA Schrades will likely increase in value over the next few years. Another though is having this one rescaled to make it unique and turn it into a family heirloom...start a tradition!

bcd007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Wow, I remember the Schrade warranty on that knife, we were stunned at the knife store when they came in. One year, no questions asked, even if you lose it. Now that's a warranty.

xHwyLT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Monroe
    I paid $20, for one brand new, back in 71 when I got out of the service. The serial number was because of the Schrade 1 year No BS warranty. I still have it. It's maintained its edge, quite well, used it quite a few times to gut deer, that was before, I picked up a Schrade "Sharpfinger", now that's almost the perfect knife for gutting deer. Too bad the company went out of business, I understand the company tooling was purchased by some of the old Schrade executives, who currently operate under the name Canal Cutlery (named after the street where the original factory was) and some of the more experienced employees were rehired by the new company. I haven't seen one of their new knives yet. I hope it 's the same quality. It's made in the USA, Ellenville, NY.

Top Bottom